Total Quartz ineo mc3 synth engine oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rot

Anyone use this brand?
Can't find much on Total Quartz except on there web site and a few comments on this site.

How long for each oil change? 4k? seems a bit soon for synthetic. I change mine 5k ish depending on the look of the oil.

How good is this oil, Its been approved for euro cars like VW BMW a few others.

I drive a 2005 toyota corolla 112,000 miles on it. I used synthetic for last 4 oil changes from quaker to mobile 1 with napa filters from wix.

I'm using that.

That's to say, the dealer put it in my car.

A normal OCI is 22k for my car, and the sump holds 4.5 litres.

I have a diesel and the biggest + this oil has over the Castrol Edge Turbo Diesel I used before is the DPF regens are happening only half as much now

Originally Posted By: rot
Anyone use this brand?
Can't find much on Total Quartz except on there web site and a few comments on this site.

How long for each oil change? 4k? seems a bit soon for synthetic. I change mine 5k ish depending on the look of the oil.

I drive a 2005 toyota corolla 112,000 miles on it. I used synthetic for last 4 oil changes from quaker to mobile 1 with napa filters from wix.

That is not appropriate oil for your car!
That is Euro Low-SAPS oil that is required by cars such as VW Jetta TDI, Audi Q7 TDi, BMW 335d etc. It has high HTHS which means your Corolla probably has higher consumption with this oil.
If your Corolla needs 5W30 oil, just get M1 5W30 synthetic in Wal Mart.

OP, which grade are you referring to? They make a 5w40 and 5w30 in this line (I believe). Their oils are really good, especially considering the price against other Euro competitors. But honestly, I wouldn't pick it over off the shelf oils that meet specs your car needs. I used to run their oil on my old Passat when it was still sold as Elf, and a couple changes worth of Total. I decided to save a few bucks and just run Castrol Syntec or M1 for my car.

Originally Posted By: rot
Anyone use this brand?

Hey rot – unfortunately, we don't have much information about Total Quartz Motor Oil, but we do have a more appropriate synthetic motor oil recomendation. Our Quaker State Ultimate Durability 5W-30 Full Synthetic motor oil would be a great choice for your vehicle. Quaker State Ultimate Durability is specifically formulated to maintain wear protection and viscosity in high revving and extreme high heat conditions (including stop and go city driving). We would also suggest that you follow the OEM-recommended “4 months or 5,000 miles” oil change recommendation for your Corolla. Hope this helps! - The Quaker State Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back