Torque Wrenches Calibrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had someone in today checking up on various aspects of our business, and he calibrated all the torque wrenches...and tyre inflators. All mine were spot on and the first time they've been tested. My Warren and Brown (it's branded Repco, but is W&B) is 44 years old, still the best you can get. The Norbar is 35 years old, and the small Sykes Pickavant I got late '90's. aparently the S&P is made by Norbar anyway. The rest of the torque wrenches in the shop are Asian clickers of various brands only a few years old, and not as acurate as my old stuff.

How far off were the asian ones? I got some of those and I'm curious about how far they might be off.

I wasn't interested in the others, I only use mine. My tyre inflator reads 2 psi high, so that's good to know.

I have checked many torque wrenches in one of my many jobs and not one was spot on. There is a window the T/W has to be within to be serviceable which is pretty standard.
Depending on the business. Did the checker ask any questions of the said torque wrenches? They might even be testing out side the common window that you use.
Just curious.

I use a digital torque meter to test mine. My proto 1/2" is still within a couple pounds after almost 30 years

Koz1 Did the checker ask any questions of the said torque wrenches? [/quote said:
He showed us how the clicker would go high or low depending on how you use it. Too many people lunge into it and they go way over, but coming up to it slow will go under...there is a sweet spot. Good to try out on the meter and find where it's acurate. The W&B is accurate exactly when the pin pops out, and easy to go over as well. Wheel nuts is where most will go over...race around the wheels, click, click, click, wasting no time. Not the way to do it apparently. Most workshop tools will be abused, stuff we own ourselves less so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back