Toronto WalMart

Status
Not open for further replies.

vvk

Well, I cleaned out all German-made Castrol Syntec 0W-30 they had at the WalMart in Toronto. Thank's for the tip
grin.gif
. They had US-made 0W-30 there, too. Of course, it was completely different: SJ, ACEA A1, nothing else of note. The German 0W-30 has some very impressive specs: SL, ACEA A3/B3, BMW, VW, Mercedes, Porsche approvals. Interestingly, it is not Energy Concerving, which makes perfect sense. ACEA A3/B3 rating requires higher viscosity.

What really blew me away is that they had Mobil Delvac 1 for only CAN$35/4l!!!! The best price I have been able to find in the US is $32/gal mail order, which is much more expensive! However, almost no 5W-20 variety... weird.

US customs officer did not care at all about my import of German motor oil from Canada. Maybe he thought I was crazy when I told him about it
patriot.gif

Which Walmart? There are dozens of them near Toronto.

How many bottles did you buy?

I was planning on changing my sister's oil over to this stuff yesterday, but she was too busy all day and didn't have time. She's going to be over 8k now on her current Mobil 1 TriSynthetic run.

New information. The German Castrol Syntec seems to be none other than Formula SLX 0W-30:

Base Group IV/V
Pour Point, °C (°F ) -63'C
Viscosity cSt at 40°C 68.5
Viscosity cSt at 100°C 12.1
HTHS 3.58
VI 176
TBN 10.6

Official approvals:
SAE 0W-30
API SL/CF
ACEA A3/B3/B4
VW 502.00/505.00(1/97)
VW 503.01 (9/99)
BMW Longlife 01
MB 229.3
Nissan
Porsche
Rolls-Royce

Too bad WalMart did not have more bottles. This stuff is gold!
worshippy.gif

quote:

Originally posted by vvk:
New information. The German Castrol Syntec seems to be none other than Formula SLX 0W-30:

Yes, we figured that out a few weeks ago!
smile.gif

One of the giveaways is that it's green. Formula SLX is Castrol's only green oil.

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you guys/gals (???) know that the German 0W-30 has been restocked at Square One in Mississauga. So it looks like it's here to stay. They've got about 10 or so bottles.

On a side note, I noticed something interesting at Walmart: A couple of months ago there was plenty of 5W-20 QS, Pennzoil, and Castrol oils on the shelves. Guess what? None now. Not a drop anywhere to be seen. I thought it was interesting, and would let everyone know. Draw your own conclussions.

Regards,
Paul

quote:

Originally posted by Shoboost:
If your near St.Catharines,Ont. Walmart they have 2 cases left...also,Niagara Falls Ont. still had some last week...i just bought out the last 5 cases in Fort Erie!

grr i had my eye on that
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back