Toro requires 2 cycle oil with TCW, Is i necessary

Heck , I have always run 50:1 mix in my old 10.5HP Tecumseh snow king engine for most of the 15 years I've owned it , still has the original plug in it. Lets a puff of smoke when it starts then clears up. Those engines were bad for wearing the valve guides so this keeps the top end lubed up (y)

None, it looked like new. I use Pennzoil Marine full syn TCW-III oil which they no longer sell (bought a gallon of it a few years back) but you could also use the Pennzoil Marine Syn blend TCW-III. I do use the Echo 2 stroke oil for all my other air cooled 2 stroke machines.

2 strokes dont have exaust valves
Yes Some do. In the gasoline engine instance that have them they are not used to open the combustion chamber to allow exhaust gases to leave but to change the volume/ geometry of the exhaust tract in turn affecting performance at specifi rpm ranges.
Check out the Stihl 4 mix engines on their trimmers and other power equipment.
That is not a 2 stroke engine. It is four stroke.

My Toro snow blower is old enough that it has the Tecumseh AH-600 2 stroke engine. It has the electric start, but it fires up in 2-3 pulls anyhow. I run 45-50:1 mix with usually Amsoil Saber and now some Echo Red Armor. Same mix I run in my antique Lawn Boys all summer with great results.

L8R,
Matt

I'm assuming you have the rock solid Suzuki 2 cycle engine.
I also have the Toro/Suzuki 2 stroke blower.
The only 2-cycle engine manufactured by Suzuki that Toro ever used was the one on the 21" walk behind mower. It was the best OPE 2-cycle engine ever made IMO. All of the other 2-cycle engines that Toro used (except in Lawnboy products) were manufactured by Tecumseh, Mitsubishi, IDC, and JLO.

They were also used in the CCR series snowblowers, like the CCR-2000 and CCR-3000, it was an upgrade to the Tecumseh 2 stroke. 47P Suzuki.

Yes Some do. In the gasoline engine instance that have them they are not used to open the combustion chamber to allow exhaust gases to leave but to change the volume/ geometry of the exhaust tract in turn affecting performance at specifi rpm ranges.

That is not a 2 stroke engine. It is four stroke.
Yes sort of in operating principal . Caused a lot of confusion and it was marketed as 2 cycle so they weren't straight gassed.

In my Toro CCR I run it at 50:1 along with all my other equipment. I'm not mixing different ratios, I use Amsoil Saber 100:1 oil which isn't TCW.

Back