Toro Recycler Wheels

The rear wheels on my Toro Recycler 21382 calls for #2 lithium grease.
I was wondering if chassis grease would work as an alternative?

I am kind of surprised that they suggest grease. Grease attracts dirt and that will accelerate wear.

I have a 1999 toro recycler. I'm supposed to grease the wheels?
You are probably safe, I have the newer Model 21382 and there are grease
fittings on the rear axle between the deck and wheels. I have never seen that
on a mower before.

It's an added feature on the Supers, not the regular recyclers. Metal gears on both the axle and wheel. I just use what ever is in the grease gun. Don't need to be excessive. Relube as I sharpen the blade.

It's an added feature on the Supers, not the regular recyclers. Metal gears on both the axle and wheel. I just use what ever is in the grease gun. Don't need to be excessive. Relube as I sharpen the blade.
Sounds great, I have some regular chassis grease that I use for ball joints etc.
Have you had any problems from your mower?

The grease fitting isn't for in between the gears, it is for the axle that the metal drive sprocket rides on. Grease should not be used in between the gears on the wheel because as stated it will attract dirt.

Only the Toro Super Recyclers have this grease fitting.

I have a 22" Toro Recycler... I forget the year but it has a Tecumseh engine if that's any indication. The owner's manual states to use a few drops of motor oil on the drive gears. I tried chassis grease once and it just attracted dust and dirt and gummed up the works.

I have a 22" Toro Recycler... I forget the year but it has a Tecumseh engine if that's any indication. The owner's manual states to use a few drops of motor oil on the drive gears. I tried chassis grease once and it just attracted dust and dirt and gummed up the works.
I noticed that grass clippings accumulates around the fittings and axle on mine.

A few drops of oil is what I use. No grease unless there are fittings.

Back