toro mower ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
going on 2-3 years now how often should I be changing the oil and filter? I do both yearly in spring thats it. The engine has been mowing a normal sized yard now for over a year not the acre it used to. Weekly. It seems to have developed a tick...

I replace my Toro Self Propelled mower's air filter every 2 seasons. I will clean it off with air compressor in between. I replace the oil every fall so clean oil sits in it over the winter. Cheap and easy to do. I use a quality SAE 30. New plug every other mowing season.

JP

my 10 yr old Toro recycler with Tecumseh motor has 25 hr recommended oil changes (per owner's manual).

Since I mow between 40 and 50 times each season I change the oil halfway through my mowing season. I also change it at the end of the season and again before the first mow in the spring. Overkill, I know..but 20 oz of oil (per change) is cheap and I actually enjoy doing it. I also change the plug and air filter each spring, along with sharpening the blade and lubing the rear wheel gears.

The deck will rot and the wheels will fall off before the motor goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back