TORNADO!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever get to see a tornado in person?

I just did. Our town of Lexington, Tennessee just got hit by a pretty strong tornado. Thankfully, it missed us.

Sorry, no pics.

Man, it MUST have been bad. Jim Cantore just mentioned Lexington on TWC. If he ever shows up in my front yard, I'll kiss my butt good-bye!!

It's just interesting. I love weather.

Originally Posted By: talker
Sorry, no pics.

What's your most certainly sorry excuse?
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Glad it didn't get you - did it hit the town?

Yep, structual damage.

Just drove around-a fallen mailbox, and limbs on the ground.

Anyway, just missesd it.

Glad you didn't suffer an damage from the storm.

I have seen two tornadoes in my lifetime.

I stood on the front porch of a building during the first one as the tornado went overhead. On its approach, it looked like a dark gray low lying cloud. No typical tornado shape. It dropped insulation and debris all over the yard in front of me. I was stupid to just stand there but it was so impressive to watch.

The second passed about 800 yards from my current home. You could see its funnel shape in detail as it bounced through the subdivision next door.

I don't ever want to get any closer.

I have a few............one I took from a distance in Corpus Christi back in the 80s sometime of a funnel beginning to form. We had storms here last week and the cloud above us started to rotate and a funnel formed,began to touch down,then fizzled out thank God! I have pics on my cellphone. I just need to learn how to upload them on my computer......it`s a fairly new phone and i haven`t figured out how to do all of the stuff on it yet.

I saw a tornado when I was 10 years old back in 1987 in Memphis, TN. I woke up in the middle of the night, looked outside my blinds, I remember vividly how the sky was pink. I saw the funnel of the tornado go past my window and go up the street. I calmly went back to bed (When your half asleep, I didn't think nothing of it, and went back to bed) Well, the next day, I woke up thinking I had a crazy dream about a tornado. Well, I went outside to go to school and 50% of my neighborhood was destroyed. My next door neighbor's shed was destroyed by the tornado and apparently the twister leaped over my house. (the sound of my next door neighbor's shed being destroyed must have woke me up in the middle of the night). I found out later in the news, there were 2 or 3 tornadoes in my neighborhood that night, and hit my neighborhood about 2am

Last edited:
Anyone ever get to see a tornado in person?

My parents farm was hit by a tornado and took every building but the house. 10 years later another tornado took all the rebuilt farm buildings again, sparing the house once again.
The second time my dad had a polaroid camera and took a picture of the oncoming tornado. The wind ripped the picture out of the camera as he was making a dash to the storm shelter. The picture was found about 2 miles away a couple days later.
I've seen a couple dozen and my location is why.

Saw one when I was about 12 years old in central Wis. Scarred the livin' @#$% outa' me.

Was with my dad in his old pickup truck. The twister crossed the road in front of us about 1/2 mile away. Dad pulled over, we sat and watched it hit a barn, which blew up like a box of matches as it passed on.

Bet it took me 30 min to calm down.

Anyone ever get to see a tornado in person?...

Seen one? Heck, I've been injured by the flying debris from one that missed my family's home by a couple hundred yards, in 1994. It was very frightening, and I honestly thought I was history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back