Torn shift fork dust boot

Hey guys, I was investigating the clutch squeak today and noticed that dust boot on the shift fork is partially torn. Does anyone have experience replacing it? I don't really know how long it's been torn for and how much dust/dirt actually got into the housing. Am i on the hook for clutch case removal and cleaning the inside? picture below is the boot I'm referring to above.
IMG_2117.jpeg

many clutches on older vehicles have inspection holes that are just left open to the world. whatever dirt got in will be insignificant compared to the amount of clutch dust in the bell housing

How accessible is it? I would probably wrap it in some electrical tape.
I wouldn't worry about dust, how do you think the inside of that clutch case looks like with all the clutch material? This "dust" boot is for protection against water, not dust. So i would probably try and spray some lubricant inside before wrapping it with electrical tape.

many clutches on older vehicles have inspection holes that are just left open to the world. whatever dirt got in will be insignificant compared to the amount of clutch dust in the bell housing
Makes sense. This transmission also has inspection “window”, but it’s covered. Thanks for the feedback

How accessible is it? I would probably wrap it in some electrical tape.
I wouldn't worry about dust, how do you think the inside of that clutch case looks like with all the clutch material? This "dust" boot is for protection against water, not dust. So i would probably try and spray some lubricant inside before wrapping it with electrical tape.
I’ve done some research and it’s fairly easy to swap - two bolts and a clamp for clutch slave to come off of the fork, pull the boot, install the new one and bolt the slave back on. Sounds easy but we’ll see how it goes. Ordered the new boot from dealer for 6$, should be ready for pick up next. I also want to re-grease the slave shaft (ideally it needs to be replaced as it’s being “squeaking” intermittently for quite some time now).

Back