Torco

I used this oil years ago,good to see they are still in the game.

Another faceless brand that obfuscates the approvals and certifications, it's not even API licensed.

If that's the level of their marketing then I'll pass, thanks.

Torco was (I've no idea if they still are in business) a boutique oil blender that got it's reputation offering oils to racers, primarily drag racers, that allowed race engines to live longer. Their oils were promoted with a marketing acronym called MPZ, which interestingly referred to moly, phosphorus and zinc. I don't recall what levels of those additives were used, but apparently it was quite a bit more than competitive race oils at the time, which was in the 70's I believe. Racers who did use Torco oils reported much longer race lives from their racing engines.
They never had any intent to license their oils with the API. Their synthetic gear oils were particularly stout, and a lot o top fuel racers swore by them. Since then other oil blenders have appeared that offered products to racers, such as Redline, that performed as well, or better than Torco oils.

Torco was (I've no idea if they still are in business) a boutique oil blender that got it's reputation offering oils to racers, primarily drag racers, that allowed race engines to live longer. Their oils were promoted with a marketing acronym called MPZ, which interestingly referred to moly, phosphorus and zinc. I don't recall what levels of those additives were used, but apparently it was quite a bit more than competitive race oils at the time, which was in the 70's I believe. Racers who did use Torco oils reported much longer race lives from their racing engines.
They never had any intent to license their oils with the API. Their synthetic gear oils were particularly stout, and a lot o top fuel racers swore by them. Since then other oil blenders have appeared that offered products to racers, such as Redline, that performed as well, or better than Torco oils.
Maybe they primarily marketed to racers back in the day, but clearly now they wish to widen their offerings with "street vehicle oils". Those are the ones they list a plethora of licenses, approvals and certifications that are only "recommended for". API licenses are only a small part of the list.

Another faceless brand that obfuscates the approvals and certifications, it's not even API licensed.

If that's the level of their marketing then I'll pass, thanks.

The 0w20 oil they have is Dexos gen 2 approved and has API on it too...

The 5w30 does not have those.

The 0w20 oil they have is Dexos gen 2 approved and has API on it too...

The 5w30 does not have those.
I saw the dexos thing, but it was weird that it doesn't show up on the GM site. Why not?

Also when you look on the API EOLCS directory there are no Torco oils listed either. Am I looking for the wrong thing?

I saw the dexos thing, but it was weird that it doesn't show up on the GM site. Why not?

Also when you look on the API EOLCS directory there are no Torco oils listed either. Am I looking for the wrong thing?

Ya got me there.... :LOL:

Good questions though.

Definitely strange.

Back