Torco SR1 5w20 Sleeper oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a file with all the CCS numbers , TBN ect on the SR-1 oils but cannot post it like you smart guys can
smile.gif

If someone will or wants to post it put your email address in my PM box cause I'm being too lazy to type the data in .
burnout.gif

This oil looks interesting. Torco is now selling it for $1 off of its regular price at their website. What is the difference between this oil and their SR5?

Look at the high pour points. I seriously doubt that this oil comprised of PAO and esters with pour points like that.

Well, they tell everyone and their brother that. Lets do a test, if they are lying (in my opinion they are not) well sue them and get rich
grin.gif

Tenderloin,

Save your fingers, all you gotta do is hit the print screen then paste it to your message. I use ctrl V myself, this is short for the paste command
wink.gif
. In any case you can e-mail me the info at [email protected]

Thanks,

r.

While this might be slightly off post, I thought
that I'd post it for a good laugh. We were at
our cabin in eastern Ore, and I had some oil
changing to do....Castrol GTX for the generators,
Delo 15-40 for the powerstroke, and Torco
synthetic for the quad.

I was out on the quad away from the cabin, when
the neighbor kid came over. He was cutting
firewood & forgot his bar oil.

He asked wife if he could borrow some oil. Sure
no problem Nathan...go get some! Sometime
later after returning from my ride, I noticed
something was gone.

My $10 a quart Torco synthetic mpz was gone.
Wife told me that Nathan needed some bar oil
for his power saw.

Well the kid grabbed the $10 a quart Torco for
his bar oil. Now mind you that Castrol & Delo
were sitting right beside the Torco. I guess
that the kid had good tast in oil.

motorbike, I was finally able to open your e-mail, although I seem to be having some problems accessing netzero at the moment, So let me say thank you for the info, however, there seems to be something wrong with the data points. The 5w20 data doesn't make sense. I strongly doubt that a cold flow of -20 is correct ( website says and I verified with torco, that its -35) The VI could not be verified, but if its 174 for 5w30 I would expect it to be at least in the 160 range. the 144 does not fit. I suspect that there have been some typos. I do appreciate the info though, it certainly got the dialogue going with torco
grin.gif

Well, if the 144 vi is correct (which I doubt) maybe they are related to havoline, ever try to figure out what their latest specs are?
confused.gif
Actually I think that they are exceptionally paranoid about giving out that kind of info for proprietary reasons (at least that is the impression I get). I don't agree with it, but I'll just have to do it by utilizing the ol'butt meter and see what it runs like in my car. I know that its g4/5 synthetic and that it has a bunch of good stuff in it, so since I already have 4 qts of the stuff I may as well use it. I doubt my engine will explode because of it. I'm pretty attuned to how my honda responds and it shouldn't be hard to tell if it likes it.

r.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back