Torco New Oil New site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like dealer site not fully up. Available from factory for a bargain price with a flat $3.00 per order delivery charge. Great deal IMO. I use their oil and tranny fluid.

I have not heard about Torco for a while. Redline and Torco used to be the two racing synthetics that I heard about. Many years ago probably the top two synthetic racing oils. Whether or not that is still true today is hard to tell.

Wow, look at that price for name brand hopefully quality stuff.

SR1 is cheap compared to SR5(group 4+5). Makes me wonder what group SR1 is
dunno.gif

In the Pennzoil vs. Torco, they show that Torco makes more power by comparing Pennzoil 10W-30 dino to 5W-30 Torco synthetic. What BS. Why not keep the visocsity the same and make it a real test? Even with the visocity change, the difference in hp was so minor that it could be attributed to test repeatabilty problems and instrument precision (we are talking less that 1%). I hate when marketing types present data like this.

Torco used to sell this oil supplement that contained MPZ. Supposedly the additives are magnetically attracted to the engine parts. I bought some of that supplement and tried it, but that was so long ago I can't remember much about it-if it made much of a difference or not.

Torco used to sell both conventional motor with with the MPZ, and synthetic with the MPZ.

from undummy
SR1 is cheap compared to SR5(group 4+5). Makes me wonder what group SR1 is

Response from Torco
Though a group 3 is now classified in some cases as being a synthetic oil we at Torco do not believe this to be a true synthetic. SR-1 is formulated with group 4 and 5 base oils (PAOS and Esters).

Hope this answers your question

Eric

Torco Racing Oils

quote:

In the Pennzoil vs. Torco, they show that Torco makes more power by comparing Pennzoil 10W-30 dino to 5W-30 Torco synthetic. What BS. Why not keep the visocsity the same and make it a real test?

True, it's mostly BS but both oils are 30 weights at 100 C.

I always get a laugh from people who use the word "we" when replying.
It is a royal family thing.

Or others that use "I'm" when they want to give an impression of superior intelect.

Example: I'm not satisified that you have convinced we at bobstheoilguy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back