Top Tier gas unavailable at Kwik Trip - what additive to use instead?

Kwik Trip gas is not Top Tier for the time being due shortages of the additives, which I've read about on here. What should I be using as a supplement in my gas until TT is available again? Techron? How often?

Thanks!

Never understood the logic. Go to an off-brand station to save 10 cents a gallon, then end up buying an additive for 20 cents a gallon.
Kwik Trip is 99% of the gas stations here. Not off brand by any means. Normally top tier, but not right now. I'm just looking for what I should do while there's a shortage and can't run TT gas like normal. It's either Kwik Trip or BP, and BP isn't even advertised as top tier.

In the grand scheme of thing, it probably will not make a difference.
So, the lifetime of your vehicle will reduce by 0.00001%.

Looking at the gas quality viewpoint, there should be a minimum standard spec to be followed.
They are not even exactly the same from batch to batch.
Do you believe that the gasoline have exactly the same every time?
You are dreaming of a veeeeeerrrrrrry idealistic scenario.

In the grand scheme of thing, it probably will not make a difference.
So, the lifetime of your vehicle will reduce by 0.00001%.

Looking at the gas quality viewpoint, there should be a minimum standard spec to be followed.
They are not even exactly the same from batch to batch.
Do you believe that the gasoline have exactly the same every time?
You are dreaming of a veeeeeerrrrrrry idealistic scenario.
No, I don't expect them to be the same batch to batch. I expect TT to have more detergent than the EPA minimum and be better for the engine though.

Kwik trip is NOT an off brand station. Just because it doesn't exist in your part of the world, doesn't make it an "off brand". In my area the major players are Holiday, Speedway (which was Superamerica), and Kwik Trip. Hundreds of locations...

Regardless, I would not bother with an additive. I do try to purchase Top Tier, but I have not had to go out of my way to find it...

...... Kwik Trip or BP, and BP isn't even advertised as top tier.
Seems BP has dropped out of TT program relatively recently. I read a comment on another forum that says if they dropped out it's not because of fee to stay in but because they don't want to put in the additives, because of their cost. Comment said fee to stay in TT really a pittance. That said, can't say if any of that is factual. BP has been my go to because of TT combined with grocery store fuel points which monthly has been knocking 30-40 cents off a gallon for me, with a couple vehicles.

My plan for now when filling with BP, use Techron CFSC 20 oz or Gumout Regane HM according the bottle recommended use interval. Otherwise I'll be using QT/Quik Trip, local Exxon or Shell. This area they cost no more than non TT gas.

They buy their gas from any local refinery in the area and add their own additives. There are BP and Mobil stations in this area, but there are no BP or Mobil refineries.

The major refinery here is Flint Hills Resources. The next one is a Marathon refinery, but Marathon is not a big gas name in this market - they primarily sell to Speedway. The next major suppliers are the Marathon Refinery in Mandan ND, and BP in Whiting Indiana via its own pipeline. The other source was Husky (Formerly Calumet) in Superior WI before it blew up a few years ago - also not affiliated with any major gas retailer in the area.

The major refinery here is Flint Hills Resources. The next one is a Marathon refinery, but Marathon is not a big gas name in this market - they primarily sell to Speedway. The next major suppliers are the Marathon Refinery in Mandan ND, and BP in Whiting Indiana via its own pipeline. The other source was Husky (Formerly Calumet) in Superior WI before it blew up a few years ago - also not affiliated with any major gas retailer in the area.
Yep. I know someone that hauls out of there daily. They put in the code for what they are hauling and it mixes everything as the tanker is filled.

If I was concerned about this, I would use a maintenance dose of something convenient off-the-shelf like Gumout or Stabil products. Except for some info that Molakule has shared with us, we don't have much to go on regarding the efficacy of these type of products.

Just buy gas there, go a location that has TT, or push your vehicle.
Excrement occurs. Life will go on.

OP, seeing how you having trouble sourcing TT fuel in your area, I’d personally run the gas from Kwik-Trip and then maybe run a bottle of Gumout (with PEA) on the last tankful before your oil change. No need to run anything at each fill.

Back