Top Mexico auto producer goes to ....GM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guessing Nissan lost some sales when they finally dropped the Tsuru. Having owned a 93 Sentra, I couldn't believe that car was still in production. I also had no idea how unsafe it was compared to modern cars:

http://www.thedrive.com/news/5798/n...y-you-shouldnt-sell-25-year-old-new-cars

Nissan certainly sold a lot of them, though. They're still everywhere down there. Most cabs in CDMX are still Tsuru's. Thank goodness they have Uber down there...

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
One more reason for a Toyota.

I don't get it.

GM builds 3,243,048 vehicle in North America. 834,414 of those vehicle are build in Mexico, 280,894 are built in Canada, leaving 2,127,749 vehicles built in the United States.

Toyota assembles 1,241,615 vehicles in the United States. GM still building 886,134 more vehicles in the States than Toyota is one more reason to buy a Toyota? Nevermind that Toyota makes vehicles in Mexico too.

Like every manufacturer, not all the vehicles built in Mexico end up back in the States. Some stay in-country and are sold in Mexico. Mexican assembly plants also build a large number of vehicle exported to South American nations, as Mexico has trade agreements with most nations down there that the US doesn't.

I will buy a car built in America any day over a car built in Mexico by GM. One more reason for a Toyota.

crackmeup2.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNh_tHoTTKQ

Originally Posted by MrHorspwer
One more reason for a Toyota.

I don't get it.

GM builds 3,243,048 vehicle in North America. 834,414 of those vehicle are build in Mexico, 280,894 are built in Canada, leaving 2,127,749 vehicles built in the United States.

Toyota assembles 1,241,615 vehicles in the United States. GM still building 886,134 more vehicles in the States than Toyota is one more reason to buy a Toyota? Nevermind that Toyota makes vehicles in Mexico too.

Like every manufacturer, not all the vehicles built in Mexico end up back in the States. Some stay in-country and are sold in Mexico. Mexican assembly plants also build a large number of vehicle exported to South American nations, as Mexico has trade agreements with most nations down there that the US doesn't.

Stop trampling our emotion with your logic! It is mean.

GM sells a lot in Central and South America, and most of those vehicles are built in Mexico.

Isn't the Corolla buit in Mexico and imported to the US?

Originally Posted by dishdude

Production will be moved from the Ontario, Canada plant to the Mexican one. The Ontario plant will continue to build cars and won't be shut down. Future production of the Corolla will come from both Mississippi and Mexico.

Our 14 Toyota Tacoma was built in Baja Mexico and runs like a champ. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another one and many more.

Me thinks the days of driving your Chevy to the levy are long gone....right up there with an 8 track player, move over guys, foreign cars are here to stay..

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Originally Posted by dishdude

Production will be moved from the Ontario, Canada plant to the Mexican one. The Ontario plant will continue to build cars and won't be shut down. Future production of the Corolla will come from both Mississippi and Mexico.

The new Corolla hatchback is made in Japan.

I will buy a car built in America any day over a car built in Mexico by GM. One more reason for a Toyota.

Why? GM builds more vehicles in America and the profits stay here and not exported to Japan. GM'S factory workers make significant higher wage than Toyota's workers.

You post is an example of flawed logic.

The idea that GM keeps profits in US is false unfortunately given they have been losing money in the billions in the last few years. High wages and jobs in USA obviously is not a sustainable future.

Originally Posted by dave1251

Why? GM builds more vehicles in America and the profits stay here and not exported to Japan. GM'S factory workers make significant higher wage than Toyota's workers.

Most consumers buy a vehicle that they have researched that fits their needs or wants. Brand loyalty is part of that process for some. My opinion is that few consider employee wages as part of their decision.

Think I do … I can't control where things are made … but I have never purchased a vehicle from a foreign company. I'm one of the fortunate few who worked a long career and have a nice pension in waiting … So, I've done my part to help theses companies, had hoped that helped the workers … good, bad, indifferent … Don't know …

However, I have long believed we can do better with NAFTA … these are true trading partners …
With all the garbage on TV about country "R" … it's country "C" that I worry about …
I'd support Mexico any day ahead of them …

Originally Posted by madRiver
The idea that GM keeps profits in US is false unfortunately given they have been losing money in the billions in the last few years. High wages and jobs in USA obviously is not a sustainable future.

Another false post GM has made a profit every year since 2009 the only exception was 2017.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by dave1251

Most consumers buy a vehicle that they have researched that fits their needs or wants. Brand loyalty is part of that process for some. My opinion is that few consider employee wages as part of their decision.

Good for you. I was pointing out the post was very flawed if JLO wants to buy Toyota out of brand loyalty it's fine but don't post buying Toyota benefits the United States more than domestic corporations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back