Top Gear to be featured on 60 minutes this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are setting your DVR, 60 minutes may be on after football, so you may need to extend the time the program records just in case football runs beyond the scheduled time slot.

Greatest show ever, ever.

I was blown away to find out this is the most watched show in all of cable television in America and I think they said BBC America was the top cable station too (not sure on this).

I will never get over that 3 wheeled car rolling all over the place, or when they launched that car into space on a rocket ship. lol. Their funding is insane. The must make hideous bank!

I'm not sure. And to be fair, I'm not sure I heard it all correctly. I believe it was an advertisement on TV of the show itself and I just heard it in passing, so I'm not 100% sure of what I heard exactly.

Originally Posted By: shpankey
Greatest show ever, ever.

I was blown away to find out this is the most watched show in all of cable television in America and I think they said BBC America was the top cable station too (not sure on this).

I will never get over that 3 wheeled car rolling all over the place, or when they launched that car into space on a rocket ship. lol. Their funding is insane. The must make hideous bank!

I dunno if I believe this show is more popular than Mad Men or South Park or The Daily Show.

It is the most pirated show out there. I have all 15 series on my computer and by Sunday night my time I can watch a new UK episode when it airs around noons my time in the UK.

I don't have BBC, and don't remmeber any cable company pffering it. The show IMO is mostly entertainment disguised as being factual. I don't want to get in a debate with its fans, but it is pretty obvious to me.

I wouldn't assume most people know anything or are above being influenced. The show is presented as factual info delivered in a humorous manner. So when they make a biased opinionated statement delivered with a little humor it is taken as being true by the audience IMO. I've seen them go out of their way to present something as "factually" true that really isn't. It's not a comedy show and I think they are pandering to a certain type of audience as well as leading them to a viewpoint.

Anyway, does any one know if U-verse carries BBC?

Originally Posted By: mechanicx
I wouldn't assume most people know anything or are above being influenced. The show is presented as factual info delivered in a humorous manner. So when they make a biased opinionated statement delivered with a little humor it is taken as being true by the audience IMO. I've seen them go out of their way to present something as "factually" true that really isn't. It's not a comedy show and I think they are pandering to a certain type of audience as well as leading them to a viewpoint.

Agreed. I find the show hilarious, but they definitely set out to send a certain "message".

Originally Posted By: mechanicx

U-Verse carries BBC America, I'm glad too because I watch that station more than any other.

I've been watching Top Gear religiously for the last 2-3 years. I enjoy the show, I don't always agree with them but they don't take themselves particularly seriously so it doesn't bother me.

I have u-verse and can't find BBC but I might need to do a better search. Is part of a premium package? Do you know what channel it is?

Well i typed in channel 188 with the remote and BBC America came on. That channel does not show up in the onscreen guide. Not sure why not and no wonder I never saw it. I wonder waht other channels I can get that don't show up in the guide lol. edit: Alright mystery solved it was removed from the channel guide in the hide channels options along with various other channels, not sure why.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back