Top 100 Property & Casualty Insurance Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used a number of them, Lloyd's of London isn't on the list but they are great for hard to insure properties or boats in unique circumstances.

Zurich is another one I have used many times.

Last edited:
I wish somebody would post a list ranking vehicles by cost to insure.
I understand my pedestrian 2008 Corolla is actually expensive to insure.
It's harder to find this info than you would think,,,

Originally Posted By: pbm
I wish somebody would post a list ranking vehicles by cost to insure.
I understand my pedestrian 2008 Corolla is actually expensive to insure.
It's harder to find this info than you would think,,,

This is probably an actuarial secret that the companies guard against their competition.

I carry liability only on five (!) vehicles. It goes down when a vehicle gets old and decrepit. My 89 firebird is actually really cheap-- they must have noticed that 89 firebirds are only driven in the summer, have enthusiast owners, and aren't in that many wrecks.

My wife's boring 07 HHR has a highish premium though. New-ish economy cars could be driven 50k a year under courier duty, are bought for 20-something grown kids and titled under daddy's name, etc. Also a percentage of corollas are bought by, sorry to say, idiots, who hope the car will save them.

If the info were out there, someone with three wrecks on their license (and very sensitive to their deserved high rates) would find that Mitsubishi lancers were 20% cheaper than corollas then they'd all flock to Lancers, wreck those, and Lancer rates would jump too.

Comes down to being contrarian, zigging when others zag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back