Tools for Cloud Car Battery Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be replacing the battery on a 2000 Chrysler Cirrus tonight. Unfortunately, it won't be near my tools so I need to take what I need. Anyone know the wrench sizes I need? I know I need an 8mm since its a side post battery and the tools to remove the tire (cordless impact, 19mm socket and torque wrench).

Thanks

Where are you getting the battery? Typically the best deal is at Advance Auto Parts as they usually have a $40-$50 off coupon code you can use and they will also install the battery for you. Most places install batteries for free.

This is probably one that they wouldn't do as its in the fender.

Haven't found a $40 off code, current special is 15% and then $25 off of a future $50 purchase.

Right now the everstarts at Walmart are the best price. A MAXX is $30 less than the Advance silver line.

It's much easier to take the tire off, but not necessary. If you crank the steering wheel all the way to the right, you can get the fender liner off and have enough room to slide the battery out. A socket set is all you need, it's an 8mm socket to get the side terminals off, and a 10mm for the holddown. (iirc)

Perfect, thanks.

Since I'll be in tight quarters in a condo parking lot, and the car is super dead (I forgot mention that the car can't move right now, its been sitting for at least 4 months with no maintainer), I'll put my cordless, compact impact wrench to good use and take the tire off.

Thanks for all the tips. I've replaced plenty of batteries but none on this style car.

Originally Posted By: racer12306
This is probably one that they wouldn't do as its in the fender.

Haven't found a $40 off code, current special is 15% and then $25 off of a future $50 purchase.

Right now the everstarts at Walmart are the best price. A MAXX is $30 less than the Advance silver line.

Have you tried this thread? WD41 seems to be the current code.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3300893/1

Thanks

That would have worked well, but I got that message right before I needed to go buy the battery. Didn't have 30 minutes to wait.

For anyone else that is wondering,

1. Remove the driver front tire
2. Loosen the 4 quarter turn fasteners
3. Use a ratchet, short extension and a 13mm socket to loosen the top nut on the battery hold down.
4. Use ratchet or end wrench for the bottom bolt.
5. Terminals are 8mm.

Much simpler than I was expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back