Tool Cabinet Moves Around

My tool cabinet, with 5 inch locking casters, tends to roll around when I am using the vise that is mounted on top. I would prefer to keep it on its casters. I would appreciate suggestion how to keep the thing from moving around.

It sounds like you need to move the vise to a more secure spot like a workbench. The only time I have seen a vise on a rolling cart it was used to sharpen chains for a chainsaw.

The vise is only a 4 inch one so it's not being used for heavy work. I searched for furniture cups but found nothing large enough to accommodate 5 inch wheels.

Can you put something like a cinder block against it? I would put a piece of cardboard in between the cinder block and tool cabinet so it doesn't get scratched.

Make an elementary cradle for it. Design it so the entire bottom fits into a rectangle and high enough so the castors are 1/2" off the ground.
Make the footprint of the cradle wider than the toolbox if you think it'll help stability.

Reactions: JC1
The vise is only a 4 inch one so it's not being used for heavy work. I searched for furniture cups but found nothing large enough to accommodate 5 inch wheels.
3" square furniture cups should fit 5" wheels. Hardware store or Amazon will have them.

Back