Took out my old Film camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took out my old Samsung SR4000 SLR film camera and bought some nice Black and white film. decided to take some pictures. Tell me what you think.

-

-

-

-

-

I think "expose for highlights, develop for shadows" for shooting and "expose for highlights and develop for shadows" for printing.
wink.gif

I like doggy portrait #1 best, but I'd prefer it less contrasty.

Great pic's, nothing like some good ole black and whites. I'll take black and white over color anyday..

Very nice. That's some good motivation for me to get my old film camera out & take some B&W mountain bike trail pics.

I like the garage pics the best.

Your photos remind me of the Photography class I took in high school. We also used B&W film.

Sometimes a B&W photo 'adds' more detail to the picture. You notice objects/things in the photo that normally would be over looked in a color photo.

KR, May I say that your photos are very nice, where were they taken, Lake Michigan?
What was that being poured into the engine?
Are you wearing a UofM hat? I think the negative is reversed?
smile.gif
They are real nice and great dog pictures, of your dog?
cheers.gif

Post some more when you can, I liked them.
grin.gif

Thanks for the Comments guys!

Pastmaster: It does look like a U of M hat doesn't it? Actually its a blurred checkered flag. Its my free advance auto parts hat. The dog picture was taken on the partially frozen lake Michigan. I have a brother that goes to U of M. Whats being poured in my engine is Amsoil Synthetic 10w30 that Pablo sold to me.

The German Shepard used to be owned by me. The new owners gave me a key to their house, so I can take it out any time I want. The dog still remembers me and jumps for joy when I take her out.

Does anybody know if that Budwieser can is steel or tin? It has one of those tops where you have to peel off the metal in order to drink it.

There are no tin cans. Since the can is rusty, it can't be made from aluminum but must be steel. When did Bud make steel cans? It could be a vintage can.
wink.gif

PS: Never mind my comment on exposre and printing. It's only for people who do their own developing and printing.

Did you shoot conventional B&W film (Tri-X, Delta etc), or did you use a chromogenic B&W film (TCN)? The latter may be more suitable for printing in 1-hour labs. To get the best out of conventional B&W film you really need a pro lab.

So who remembers the beer can collecting fad in the mid 70's? There a Bud brewery where we were living at the time. My brother in law was very excited to find a supply of steel (tin plate?) Budwiser cans in our refrigerator. They weren't available where he lived.

I was working in the paint industry at the time. The tin free, painted steel can was the coming thing at the time.

quote:

Did you shoot conventional B&W film (Tri-X, Delta etc), or did you use a chromogenic B&W film (TCN)? The latter may be more suitable for printing in 1-hour labs. To get the best out of conventional B&W film you really need a pro lab.

The film is called Kodak Professional BW400CN. Its a 400 ISO negetive film. Its a kind of film that can be processed with Color paper. C-41 type of processing. Tell you the truth, i'm a NOvice photographer. I'm still learning. I putting my fully automatic Digital Camera aside and practicing using my Samsung SLR

quote:

Cool! Nice Dorg.

I just can't do the same with a digi and "gray tones".....

I have a 1975 vintage Mamiya. Hope it still works.

I also have a 1983 Canon AE-1 Program with alot of Lenses. Older Cameras are still good. My friend who is a Navy Photographer, bought a old Mamiya Medium Format Camera. takes nice professional shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love SLR's and B&W photos.
I still have my Canon AE-1 that I got in high school, as well as an old Konica Autoreflex with a 35-70mm macro zoom.
Nice shots, and I like the dog too.
grin.gif

That c-41 black and white film has the most amazing contrast range. If you like shadows just expose at ISO 100 or even 25, you can't go wrong, you'll never overdo it. Look how thin your negatives are, there's room for fattening.
grin.gif

I like the jumpsuit too; you look real professional in your car hobby. I'm trying to get my wife to get me one for my birthday, of course with my name stitched on a patch.
smile.gif

Around here dogs are banned from the beaches only during the summer. So it's wide open spaces all winter. This is my hound at Biddeford Pool:

-

Thanks for the comments guys.

eljefino,

Thats a nice dog you got there. Is he looking at a Crab cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back