Took car to Nissan dealer service but how would I prove it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brought it in for recalls. Service writer took my name, address and phone number and said, It should be ready Monday or Tuesday, have a nice day. I didn't sign anything and I didn't get any receipt for dropping it off. I don't have any proof that I even left it there. What if I call next week for the car and they have no record of it? A little off the wall yes, but don't you get acknowledgement of leaving a car for service at most places?

The last couple of times I went to the Hyundai dealer for warranty work my signature was captured on a tablet. No more paperwork I guess

I’m sure if push came to shove, they would have camera footage of you dropping it off? I don’t see it getting to this point however.

We are talking about a major dealer workshop, not some backyard operation after all.

You mean like if they sold it for $500 and you went back and they said, "What car? Have you been here before?"
More like it was taken to a chop shop for parts and they said, "What car? Have you been here before?" I do see where they sent me a text acknowledging the service so that's good enough. And I did take a picture of it under the canopy. Now I just have to worry about it getting a dent or scratch as some others here have mentioned.

Brought it in for recalls. Service writer took my name, address and phone number and said, It should be ready Monday or Tuesday, have a nice day. I didn't sign anything and I didn't get any receipt for dropping it off. I don't have any proof that I even left it there. What if I call next week for the car and they have no record of it? A little off the wall yes, but don't you get acknowledgement of leaving a car for service at most places?
So this is your imagination running wild, nothing actually happened yet right? If its the Versa I wouldn't worry too much the chop shops are not interested in that.

What's the VIN number?

I think I saw it in a used car lot here in the Midwest! :oops::)

Customers drop off at my shop all the time without any RO signature. Just phone number and name. But I’m not a franchised dealer either. I also have no intention to steal your car and sell it cause I got plenty of my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back