Too Much Oil on hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

I'm also binging out on oil.(Like others Here) I am trying to try a number of GF-4 oils. I did the MC, DC and I was planning on using up the rest of my DC, RedLine, And MObil 1 (7500,5000, EP, Regular Mobil 1) But then I was at Advance the other day and they had Havoline for $1.28
gr_eek2.gif
so I bought 5 quarts of that.
frown.gif
I'm now up to 26 quarts..The good thing is that I change oil for 5 cars.
smile.gif
The bad thing is that I change oil for 5 cars
frown.gif

There are people who frequent BITOG who have stashes in the 300 quart range. (I admit to something like 150 quarts)
pat.gif

26 quarts is only a minor puddle, especially if you are changing oil in 5 vehicles.

quote:

...........There are people who frequent BITOG who have stashes in the 300 quart range..........[/QB]

Maybe these stashes are contributing to the recent run-up in the price of a barrel of crude, with subsequent higher fuel prices. Now arent you ashamed of yourselves?

I only have 11 qts. 7 of GC and 4 of Honda 5w-20. I'm going to run the Honda oil again after I drain the factory out at 5k miles, then run the Honda stuff another 3 or so then put synthetic in. Not sure which oil yet though. I'm thinking of Mobil 1 0w-20 for the winter, and 10w-30 EP for the summer. Sorry I just realized this had nothing to do with the original topic.

I have 60 quarts of oil on hand right now for our 3 vehicles. My wife thinks I'm a little crazy for having so much oil but when the price is right, buy, buy and buy some more!
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
I'm now up to 26 quarts..The good thing is that I change oil for 5 cars.
smile.gif
The bad thing is that I change oil for 5 cars
frown.gif

Amateur! You should be ashamed of yourself! And you call yourself a BITOG member in good standing
grin.gif
. !

Whimsey

Have 150 quarts as of tonight and three trucks to maintain with a combined oil capacity of 17 quarts. I even showed some restraint by not buying the 12 quarts of Pennzoil Truck and SUV 10w30 that was clearancing for a buck a quart. But maybe I should have grabbed them? Regular price was $2.42.

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:
Have 150 quarts as of tonight and three trucks to maintain with a combined oil capacity of 17 quarts. I even showed some restraint by not buying the 12 quarts of Pennzoil Truck and SUV 10w30 that was clearancing for a buck a quart. But maybe I should have grabbed them? Regular price was $2.42.

I guess I'm lucky because I don't feel "compelled" to buy oil on sale. Probably because here in the part of northern NJ I live in it never goes on sale anywhere. In fact I was in a KMart recently and they had Penzoil 10W-30 rated SF or SG for the same price as the SM rated Penzoil
shocked.gif
. I use Schaeffer's for two of our vehicles and Motorcraft 5W-20 for my truck. I have a 2+ year supply of Schaeffer's and a one year supply of Motorcraft 5W-20. That's enough for now. Who knows what I'll be using in the future
dunno.gif

Whimsey

quote:

Originally posted by MAJA:
]

Maybe these stashes are contributing to the recent run-up in the price of a barrel of crude, with subsequent higher fuel prices. Now arent you ashamed of yourselves? [/QB][/QUOTE]

if the oil companies are hurting for oil so badly, I'll be happy to sell my oil shrine back to them for $10/quart.
lol.gif
Seriously, I burn more gasoline a month than my current 146 quarts stash. I drive only 8-9k year

Sheesh, I've got 65 quarts for 1 car, all synthetic except 7 which are syn-blends. At a conservative twice a year OCI's, that 7+ years of oil changes. Oh well
lol.gif

How can anyone have too much oil? Oil is fun.
smile.gif

191 qts and counting. I'm out of room for any new purchases. What does one do when they run out of space in their shrine??
confused.gif

You guys are going to think I'm really nuts - but I just came in from counting my "stash" - 514 quarts. This "stash" is a mixture of;
Supertech 15W40
Delo 15W40
Mobile 15W40
Supertech 20W50
Supertech 10W40
Supertech 10W30
Supertech 5W30
Quaker State 5W20
Accel 10W40 (API SF)
Advanced Auto 5W30
Advanced Auto 10W30
Advanced Auto 10W40
Advanced Auto 20W50
Advanced Auto 30W
Advanced Auto 40W
Exxon 30W
Vavoline 10W40
Vavoline 15W40
Unilube 10W40 (API SF)
Coastal 10W40
STP 10W40 (ten quarts of this stuff I picked up at a yard sale API SG - all ten quarts for a dollar).
And even 26 quarts of "Fred's Non-detergent 40 Weight motor oil API SA" (It was on sale and I couldn't resist).
What can I say, "Hello everyone. My name is GreeCguy and I'm an oilaholic."

Oh, almost forgot - 10 GALLONS of Poulan bar and chain oil, (it was really, really cheap at Walmart)
AND - one quart of Redline 5W30 - just for the heck of it. I've been putting 4 oz. per change per vehicle. Like Hallie Berry, "I wanna feel good!"

Hey, just one more thing - I'm the guy that wanted to buy the BARREL of Rotella 15W40 at Sam's club - but you guys talked me out of it! My wife thanks you. (Although I was in Tractor Supply last week - they have five gallon buckets full of 15W40 - hummmmmmmmmm
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back