Today's work out on the farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend has 375 acres he uses for hunting and hanging out on. This morning we (mostly me) did the following:
--Oil/filter and spark plug on two Kawasaki ATV's
--Same as above on two Honda Rubicon ATV's (side note, changing the oil on the big one was not easy...skid plate removal, spring loaded filter, two drain plugs)
--DR brush mower oil/filter change
--Craftsman rototiller oil change
--Log splitter oil change

Plus the 1959 Ford tractor fired up after heavy bribes.

Hands are tingly.....

Sounds like heaven
smile.gif

i just changed a log splitter's oil thursday with 1/2 quart qs 10w-40 and half quart napa 10w-40. so i know how u are feeling, minus the 375 acres
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GreeCguy
Sounds like heaven
smile.gif

crackmeup2.gif
Funny how that works out. At my work (a "farm" of sorts), I spend about 10% of my duties on equipment maintenance (vehicles, ag, forestry).

Even though I really enjoy DIY equipment maintenance, I would not exactly consider it as Rest and Relaxation!

I would much rather be lounging on a tropical beach with an umbrella drink and lots of "scenery" to enjoy.

We often joke that electricians have the worst wired homes, plumbers have the worst piped homes, and mechanics have the worst......... well, you get the idea.

Cris, sounds like fun to a BITOG fiend. Give us a review of the equipment and how it holds up and what brands or models would be better. I see in the DR ad's they have a brush mower version that you tow behind an ATV instead of a walk behind. Is that a viable way to do it. Which ATV is best? Which is easier to maintain?

Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch

Hands are tingly.....

If you're not too tired, I could use an extra pair of hands this week. I'm installing a radiator in a truck that has a 6-71 Detroit diesel in it and I'm guessing the radiator weights ~175 lbs.
You may see some turkeys this time of year. They only have one thing on their mind and they really can't think straight because of it....

We used only OEM 10-30 oils on the ATV's. The Rubicon's are hard to work on....skid plate removal, spring-loaded cartridge filter, no room to get hands in for the spark plug.

Everything else got PYB 10w-30. I asked for SAE30 but they've never used it in anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back