Today's oil change saga...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: eljefino
This is why we stash.

thumbsup2.gif
There's nothing worse than having all the planets in alignment for a small simple project and the fluid or parts aren't readily available.

Sounds like poor management at that store. Can't believe there would be a huge run on all those oils.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
This is why we stash.

This. In my opinion you should already have your next oil and filter in stock, ready to go. Going to Walmart, then to Autozone, then home, then back to Autozone, sounds asinine.

No doubt … just the other day I put an XG10575 on the GMC that absolutely would not start on my Ecoboost (I’m a former machinist and that was one poor starter thread) ...
When I had the filter problem no other vehicle was there … having spares paid again …

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
Went to Walmart to get Pennzoil HM 5w30. Nothing on the shelf. Ok, Quaker State has to be good too. Nothing on the shelf. Maxlife? Take a guess. Castrol HM? Take a guess. I couldn't even get single quart bottles. It was like trying to buy bread in the USSR or something.

OK I gotta ask, so what DID your WM have? Any Mobil HM? I have traveled to most corners of the USA and many places in between, and inevitably visit the WM's. I have never seen one without some, if not several name brand oils readily available. Not doubting you, just very curious!

They normally have all the stuff you'd expect, but just today they must not have gotten the supplier in. They were picked over in general, even in food.

I'll run it for an oil change and see what happens. Thanks!

I have run into the same kind of problems.WM not having any ATF at all.Two stores. then I went to NAPA.They had only Amsoil stuff.
I finally decided to just buy off Amazon and saved a few bucks.It did take a while to show up.almost two weeks.Mobile 1 is cheaper on Amazon also.

And people say it's inconvenient to order oil and have it shipped to their door step!

We've all been there, you go to the store with 1 specific product in mind, and they have everything but what you want!

Originally Posted By: cronk
And people say it's inconvenient to order oil and have it shipped to their door step!

We've all been there, you go to the store with 1 specific product in mind, and they have everything but what you want!

LOL they'll lose that idea the first time they run out of TP for a couple of weeks. Memories of the Cook Islands!

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I would've left Walmart with some kind of 5W-30 and a Fram XG filter. The filter is more important than whether I have high mileage oil or not.
Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back