to go to dealer for warranty or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: R2d2
Originally Posted By: dishdude
I can see where this is headed.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3302637/12

He almost reverted to one of his other screen names Techno, if people keep pointing out his inconsistencies he'll go totally crazy.

Also to both of you i haven't been inconsistent on this. Nor do i appreciate your attitudes. I don't come on here looking to fight with people so why do you like to engage in arguments? Its silly and doesn't make sense please go cause drama somewhere else. When I worked at a ford dealer we did in fact replaced whole assumblies a few times and they were motorcraft parts the vehicles i did weren't under warranty but the part was indeed available. Beyond that info I do not know.

"Shock absorber" as the part description sounds like the strut itself, no ancillary parts.

So I think they replaced the strut this time, but not the spring, insulator, mount, etc... They wrote in "assembly" in the description of your complaint, but a "shock absorber" will be a bare strut, no spring or anything else.

That part number is for a strut, just a strut, nothing else. 18124 is a Ford basic number for a front suspension damper, 18125 would be a rear damper.

Yea i ran the number and your right they told me they did the whole thing. I asked and they said absolutely everything mount spring and all . I guess i shouldn't have assumed they were honest.
No wonder its still making noise the mount is the issue not the strut......today they said even though the noise is there that there isnt an issue. And told me if I didn't like that to go somewhere else. After that i demanded to speak to the manager and he said when it does it again to bring it back and have him hear it immediately. The service advisor were rude but the manager was fine but it didnt make the noise because they gobbed grease all over it....because that'll fix it.....uggg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back