Titanium is gone

Here's probably the most detailed description I've seen of "fluid titanium technology".

And Castrol's page with cool animated videos and marketing spin:

If it actually works, that's all that matters. Proving that is another thing. But yeah, as Overkill stated further up, it's basically a different type of friction modifier. I wonder if it might be more effective than moly in direct injection engines? They talk a lot about modern small displacement high friction engines.

Didn't Nissan claim to use Micronized diamonds in their VQ series engines for the Murano and the Infiniti Q series engines at some point?

Diamonds.

World's.

Hardest.

Most.

Abrasive.

Form.

Of.

Carbon?

😱

Edit: She ran just great on Havoline or Mobil-1 synthetic up to 190k when traded. SRSLY, 2003 money, $15/qrt. over the counter at the dealership was a fool's errand.

I'm not an engineer so I don't know which friction modifiers work better or are more cost effective. I have a small mountain of the Castrol with the fluid titanium. I've never quite understood the product, or marketing. Titanium is a strong light weight metal. So I don't really understand how it makes a good friction modifier. I'm sure it does well, I just lack an understanding of the product and the advertising/marketing of it. When I think of Titanium I think of metal used for medical procedures, plates, and other areas where expensive light weight metals are used. I don't think of it as being a slippery liquid substance.

What's next? "Castrol full synthetic, now with extra gravel!" Or "...now with extra metal shavings!"

But this might also explain the product Walmart sold out recently online for very low prices.
While I assumed what kschachn said the moment I saw it, I still thought, wait a minute... most people only know titanium as a metal they make golf club heads, etc with. Why on earth would you use it to market oil?

Sometimes I wonder if companies aren't just sitting back laughing at the general public. I think this about politicians too.

cough dlc cough
Yes, yes... I'm not so old that I'm that daft.

BUT- Flip the bottle over and read the back. It claims, "Micronized Diamond" content. *shrugs* It did in the past, anyway.

I'm thinking that market spin would make people nip the bait.

fyi, the beginning pages
surpising which companies use which materials and coatings

I dropped my hat and scratched my head when "NickelSil" was a thing and thought it was amazing. Simply keep that oil fresh and topped up though. Rings will chew right through your treated Al block in a heartbeat on a skipped OCI.

Electro- coated and sputtered coatings are here and good. Just not tolerant of neglect.

Back