Tis the season when the battery shelf at Wallmart is out of the common sizes.

Hoping to find a 350 amp U1 at our local Oreillys tomorrow. My ztr hasn't been run all year other than to move it a couple times since I've been brush hogging my place and the 5 year old battery finally gave up. Hogged it for the last time last weekend and was gonna do a final cut with the old 757 Deere to dress things up nice for the winter.

Walmart stock is terrible. Which fine quality Walmart in the Pittsburgh area were you at?

I don't think a 35 degree night will noticeably cause a rash of battery failures. Probably Walmart's "just in time" policy biting them in the butt.

I was at the Bethel one near South Park, right beside the Giant Eagle.

I shopped there again today and the battery stock is still very low, especially for all of the MAXX 3 year batteries in all sizes.

I don't think a 35 degree night will noticeably cause a rash of battery failures. Probably Walmart's "just in time" policy biting them in the butt.
Dunno, it did a pretty good job of killing the factory AGM in my kids Compass. Snapped fairly cold down here over night last week and 2 days ago she had her first no-start.

Could be complete coincidence, but sure doesn't look that way.

I was at my local WM yesterday afternoon. The battery rack was full of batteries, some that I would be interested in if I were buying.

I was at the local Wallmart and noticed that the battery shelves are low of stock and out of the MAXX in 51R and 24F. The fall cold snap must have brought many no starts, and a lot of batteries being replaced.
I look online before I go to Walmart. Then look at nearby Walmart's.

But my second choice would be a East Penn from NAPA. I am not going for the cheapest battery. Looking for the lowest priced East Penn.

What have the temperatures been like lately in your section of California?
It has cooled off quite a bit from this summer's 100F temps. Now if we only had some water and electricity.
20221024_142757.jpg

I look online before I go to Walmart. Then look at nearby Walmart's.
Walmart online does a rotten job of reflecting what they have in-store, particularly the cheaper stuff. They lost a sale to me because of this! Might be worth doing a peek-a-boo if it's not too far out of the way.

Back