tiresdirect.net or simpletire.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had any positive or negative experiences with either of these companies. Web reviews seem mixed.

I've used tire rack and DTD before, and both have been great, but they do not carry the particular tire I am interested in buying.

walmart.com seems to beat everybody these days. Several brands too. They even beat their own SamsClub.com ! Thats odd.

I didn't know about tiresdirect.net, but its a small Chicago based company trying to grow. Their prices don't look that special, but not bad.

I went through a tire buying experience recently and Discount Tire (not the 'direct' part of them) had made a special deal with Kumho on the ones I wanted, so they got the business, lowest price there. Then, Discount Tire Direct had some General GMAX AS-05s I wanted for the cheapest.

Try Amazon.com too. They have some decent prices quite often, good selection of brands.

Last edited:
Tire America is back too if the tire you’re looking for is a TBC brand.

Simple Tire relies on local distributors to ship the tire to you. This may also give you access to brands you have never heard of that are regional only.

I am specifically looking at Toyo - not available through DTD or TR, and few local dealers.

Does anyone have a "best" online source for Toyo?

try ebay, ive got good deals on name brand tires there just make sure they aren't old stock

Last edited:
I once placed an order with SimpleTire only to find out they cancelled my order and did not bother to tell me. I had to ask for money back since they cancelled the order but did not auto refund. I will not be going back after first and last experience.

Lately Walmart has had some great tires on closeout. I would check there first,

I've used simple tire before, they had the lowest price that I could find on the tires I was looking for. I had no issues, they shipped quickly with tracking numbers and were recent production tires as well.

Simple tire sells tires that are sitting around in tire shops around the country. You buy it, they get it shipped to you. So sometimes you can get a really good deal. Sometimes you get a cancelled order. Perhaps you get old DOT numbers. I currently have a set of simple tire michelins on my 240sx and on my golf. I tried to get a 3rd set and was cancelled on.

So i say its a good site for bargain hunters who don't absolutely have to have the tires show up on time.

Used Simpletire.com last fall. 4 Firestone Destination LE2s at 99/tire. Free shipping, at my door in 3 days. By far, the cheapest I've seen that tire in 265/75/16.

I wanted to update everyone on this. I ordered four (4) Toyo Celsuis 235/55R17 from tiresdirect.net on 8/29/18. Tires arrived on 8/31/18 (Pennsylvania), and all four were dated 1418 (good, fresh tires). Overall, a good experience. I would not hesitate to recommend tiresdirect.net, and I would definitely consider them again if they had the tires I want.

I have bought two sets of toyos from tires direct.net. you will not beat them for pricing they usually have $100 off and free shipping it did take between one and two weeks to get the tires, but was straightforward delivered to my home. Very satisfied.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back