tires P215-70-15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some new tires for my 94 grand marquis, want to spend 80 to 120 each. any ideas on who makes good/best tires? for this size in a all season radial

[ April 18, 2004, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: MillerMan ]

Michelin HydroEdge (Touring A/S)

**Michelin Agility Touring (Touring A/S)

**Michelin Harmony (Touring A/S)

**Agility is the Sears branded OEM Harmony Tire, essentially the same thing**

Get the Hydroedge! Both these tires per note are S & T rated. My assumption is that you do not need H rated or above radials.

Hydroedge is an awesome tire.....Michelin corrected all of the Goodyears Aquatred nightmares. it is very quiet very smooth and has an awesome high silica tread compound.

The Hydroedge is a hot tire! The Agility is great too
smile.gif

Try Tirerack . com 1st, then your local Sears.

Michelin HydroEdge (Touring A/S)

**Michelin Agility Touring (Touring A/S)

**Michelin Harmony (Touring A/S)

**Agility is the Sears branded OEM Harmony Tire, essentially the same thing**

Get the Hydroedge! Both these tires per note are S & T rated. My assumption is that you do not need H rated or above radials.

Hydroedge is an awesome tire.....Michelin corrected all of the Goodyears Aquatred nightmares. it is very quiet very smooth and has an awesome high silica tread compound.

The Hydroedge is a hot tire! The Agility is great too
smile.gif

Try Tirerack . com 1st, then your local Sears.

thanks for the info, I had a set of goodyear aquatred II, they were junk 15,000 miles and I warrentied them out out, the were separting, bulges on the out tred blocks.

yep most of the miles will be on the highway or interstate, but not above 80 MPH.

anybody else got any comments?

I pretty much have given up on General, goodyear, and firestone tires

[ April 18, 2004, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: MillerMan ]

Michelin Symetry is another good tire, its quiet running and feels good in rain and snow. All Michelin tires sold in the USA are made in the USA by 20000 employees of Michelin North America.

I have no experience with the Michelins, but about those Pirellis:
A few years ago my mother's 94 Grand Marquis needed tires, & I happened to spot a ridiculously low price on some Pirelli 400 WW's- the bad news, available in only 2 sizes. The good news, one size was 215/70/15. I took off, went 30 miles to Longview & got a set mounted & balanced, out the door, all for less than $200. They were supposed to be blems, I could never see what the blemish was on them. The car drove & handled better than it ever had before, grip in the rain was *excellent*, & they continued like this up until they wore out, at something like ~25,000 miles. Even then, everything but wet grip was still very good-exc. So, Pirelli 400's on the big Merc: Upside, handling wet or dry, braking, drove beautifully. I can't speak for ice & snow. Downside: they wore out kinda quick. I now have some high-treadwear-# BFG-made Reguls on her car. They're an OK middle of the road S-rated tire, but they don't inspire confidence like those Pirellis did.

thanks for the info guys, almost bought the Pirelli's, but ended up with the Sears/ Micheln aglity touring tires at 94 dollars each plus mounting and balance

Excellent Choice on the Michelin Agility Purchase!

Although, it would have been great if you gave the HydroEdge's a chance, my assumption is they were at least 20-30$ over the price of the Agility Radials?

I am a full time student and work part time.

wink.gif
There is a reason that i am the top salesman at my work.

My best customers are the ones that can listen long enough to trust my product judgment. They are not cheap individuals either
smile.gif

Other points please keep these long life tires rotated/rebalanced/and aligned religiously!!

The warranty may be 80,000 miles...in reality expect 60,000. Well be for 80,000 you would see a belt shift which is dangerous.

Now the neat thing is if you save all your rotation/rebalance/alignment reciepts at 60k when it should be time for your next set you should get 20%-25% back by a Michelin warranty mileage claim
smile.gif

Second point Michelin passenger car radials do have a MAJOT achilles heal overall quality aside.

Michelin radials have a sidewall construction PRONE to Separation-Bubbling!!!

This is especially the case with Michelin Energy MXM4, V4's and Agility/Harmony to a lesser effect.

At every rotation make sure your hopefully skilled mechanic looks over all the sidewalls for any bubbling.

Third for comparison based on the other posts here is the sceme of Michelin Tire scheming (NON-OEM brand lines)

OK--->Premium

Weatherwise-->Symmetry-->Agility-->HydroEdge

Agility~HydroEdge rough tie.

thanks for the info outrun, i will keep a close eye on the sidewalls

so far I like the tires, yes the hydoedge tires were about 20 dollars more each

I put Michelin Hydroedge P215/70R15 on my 2002 Windstar 2 weeks ago, got them at Sears. No complaints in 2 weeks. I went with Michelins because my work Jeep uses Michelins P215/75R15. I don't recall what model was on the Jeep but they were on for 3 years and 65,000 miles and they handled great and had plenty of thread left on them but at the Jeeps last major pm in May they were replaced with new Harmonys. Great tire. I was actually looking for Harmonys but Sears did not have them so I took the Hydroedges. The previous set of Michelins on the Jeep did not have any sidewall bubbles in 65,000 miles of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back