TIRES FOR SS CAMARO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if any of you can suggest some good tires for my SS. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Only a few select choices to keep your SS much safer...in an otherwise jacknife happy set-up
frown.gif

P275/40ZR17 Goodyear Eagle F1 are the stock I assume?

Michelin Pilot Sport AS...great comfort, good cornering, very sticky
smile.gif

Michelin Pilot Sport....Ultimate High Performance Summer

Goodyear F1 GSD3 (german made) many seem to love it

Pirelli P-Nero M&S (if they make it in your size)

For Winter:

Blizzak WS50 (ultimate winter traction, but scary braking and cornering on dry!) Q rated

Blizzak LM22 (high performance winter tire)

Michelin Arctic Alpin (heavy snows, but Blizzak WS50 superior)

Michelin Pilot Alpin (rough equivalent of LM22)

Goodyear UltraGrip Ice? look great on paper but no experiance with them

I would recommend 235/55/17 as your winter size,smaller means a better "cutting knife" in the snow. 245,275 etc turn into snow planes unfortuantely in this type of vehicle.

My vote is for the Goodyear GSD3's. They are a simply awesome tire! Compared to the stock Goodyear F1GS's they are light years ahead. I am running them 285/40/Z17 on my 416rwhp 02 SS and they work great. Noticeably quieter than the stock F1's, dry traction is insane and handle wet standing water with the best out there. After 6K miles they still look close to new. Other brands make nice tires also but the Fbody community is starting to love these tires.

I loved the GSD3s on my old 95 Formula, it allowed me to pull 1.94 60fts, even in the small 245-50-16 size!

When my runflats wear out on my Corvette, I'd love to replace them with GSD3s if the price comes down. Otherwise I'll probably go with Kumho MXs instead (which right now are about $100 less per tire up here for the 275-40-18 size I need for my C5)

quote:

Originally posted by sbc350gearhead:
I have buddies that use BFG g-force TA KD's on their camaros, and swear by them.

These tires are unbelievable. They are by far the best street tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back