Tires for '03 F350 XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kira
Silly twist-sorry for the hi-jack of this thread's focus. BUT

I recently learned of the 5.4L V-8 shortcomings, now this "grenade" engine.

Ecoboost engines maligned

What is it with Ford? Are these flukes? Are Ford's garbage? Company poorly run?

I'm so rookie to trucks. Kira

Not sure what "shortcomings", you're talking about with the 5.4L,they're an incredibly reliable engine. They routinely run 500K+ miles with little more than routine maintenance.

As far as the 6.0 diesel goes, they were built by International. The failure of the 6.0 is a large part of the reason that Ford dumped International and now builds their own diesel engines.

The 6.0 can be made "bulletproof" but it costs a good bit of money and some of the things involved aren't exactly legal. (tampering with emissions systems)

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Originally Posted By: Kira
Silly twist-sorry for the hi-jack of this thread's focus. BUT

I recently learned of the 5.4L V-8 shortcomings, now this "grenade" engine.

Ecoboost engines maligned

What is it with Ford? Are these flukes? Are Ford's garbage? Company poorly run?

I'm so rookie to trucks. Kira

Powertrane aside, I'm of the opinion that Ford makes the best truck. Get a cummins diesel, hook it to a GM transmission and stick it in a Ford truck and you have a real winner.

http://www.fordcummins.com/

I have Mastercraft Courser AXTs on my K2500 and really like them towing and unloaded. They have excellent traction in all conditions, are quiet, and are aggressive enough to not worry about getting stuck doing "normal" driving.

Any they aren't expensive. And have a long warranty. And they look good.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Wow Nick1994.

You should tell us how you really feel. I am sure that your car is 100% reliable so you can let us know without reservation.
Nope, it's had 1 issue. But it wasn't even CLOSE to being a cab off head replacement egr delete on a motor that's a grenade waiting to blow.

The cab doesn't have to come off to replace the head gaskets. Can be done either way. Usually based on personal preference of the tech. For most the room is well worth the little bit of extra time to remove the cab.
Anyone who has one of these horrible trucks can feel free to donate it to me. I miss the days when a guy could buy one with a blown head gasket for dirt cheap. As already stated once the common issues are dealt with the 6.0 seems to last forever. It's just poor engineering that those issues were present in the first place.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
P rated tires on a truck = toy truck that is not going to do any work, stay on the pavement and be a garage queen.

Unless said truck originally came with a P-Metric tire. The Ford in my sig just got a new set of Firestone Destination ATs in P-Metric. They'll do fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back