TireRack Tire Test - Premier LTX, Crugen, Geoland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have Crugen 16" OEM version on my 2014 Santa Fe. Have been happy with them overall. Didn't get much of a winter test last year, though. Have 17K on the tires; am interested in seeing how well they last.

Checked replacement cost at Discount Tire, and these tires aren't cheap.

Even the truck versions only have 8.5/32? Usually truck tires have more tread, not less. It isn't uncommon to see 13-14/32.

I'm still waiting for Michelin to release an updated line with the full 10/32 "Premier 2" or "Premier Plus"

Did michelin pay them to test it against those 2 relatively no-name tires? come on tirerack compare to premium tires.

In other news my 75$ sketcher shoes are more comfortable than the 9.99$ payless shoes..... zzzzzz

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Even the truck versions only have 8.5/32? Usually truck tires have more tread, not less. It isn't uncommon to see 13-14/32.

I'm still waiting for Michelin to release an updated line with the full 10/32 "Premier 2" or "Premier Plus"

You are probably looking for the Defender LTX M/S then
smile.gif
check it out.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

The starting tread depth is fine. As you saw in the other thread, I have over 16k on my set and have only "lost" 1.5/32" so I should be able to get to the advertised 60k life if I elect to run the tires down to the bars.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Did michelin pay them to test it against those 2 relatively no-name tires? come on tirerack compare to premium tires.

In other news my 75$ sketcher shoes are more comfortable than the 9.99$ payless shoes..... zzzzzz

My guess is that the Premier LTX will still hold an advantage in wet but the difference will be smaller. But the Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus is probably much better in the dry and from a ride quality standpoint.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
My guess is that the Premier LTX will still hold an advantage in wet but the difference will be smaller. But the Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus is probably much better in the dry and from a ride quality standpoint.

They tested the Scorpion Verde Plus last year. Stopping distances in the wet were as bad as those for Yoko Geolandar. For you guys in Cali wet traction probably isn't all that relevant though.

When the OEM Contis wear out on wife's Q5, I'll be looking at this Michelin Premier LTX for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back