TireRack Passenger Tires - Road Hazard is included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SF0059
Really, it would have been a better proposition if they offered free shipping like Discount Tire Direct.

Yup. Mazda used to use them as their official supplier for dealers. Now they use a place called Dealer Tire, at least in my region. The pricing on the tires is cheaper, and there is no $15 a tire charge for shipping. The Tire Rack still has their sales people call and try to get us to order from them by saying they are from the "Mazda Tire Center" real sneaky those people.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Really, it would have been a better proposition if they offered free shipping like Discount Tire Direct.

Yup. Mazda used to use them as their official supplier for dealers. Now they use a place called Dealer Tire, at least in my region. The pricing on the tires is cheaper, and there is no $15 a tire charge for shipping. The Tire Rack still has their sales people call and try to get us to order from them by saying they are from the "Mazda Tire Center" real sneaky those people.

isn't that considered false advertisement and fraud? unless there is some B$ policy allowing them to do this, I don't see how that is not fraud...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
isn't that considered false advertisement and fraud? unless there is some B$ policy allowing them to do this, I don't see how that is not fraud...

I guess they are still a supplier, just not a preferred one. There is another tire wholesaler who had a sales rep saunter into my parts dept and start adding bookmarks to our computers and deleting ones for their competitors. He literally only came by once after a phone call I made to his supervisor, and that was just to drop off a card and say he had been transferred to another department of that company.

The vendors who get most of my business have reps that come in and just kinda talk life. The ones that try to push the hard sale we tell "ya sure we will totally buy from you" and then toss their info in the round file cabinet as they walk out.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

THis is like when you get a phone call from "cardmember services" from a credit card you don't have-- but could.
wink.gif

Interesting. Their linked PDF file talks about "ground shipping". Does that mean you could be without a tire for 3-5 days, or however long it takes UPS or FedEx Ground to get a tire to you? Or are they using that term more generically?

no one is going to air ship a tire,
however tirerack has multiple locations and ground rarely takes more than 2 days.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Interesting. Their linked PDF file talks about "ground shipping". Does that mean you could be without a tire for 3-5 days, or however long it takes UPS or FedEx Ground to get a tire to you? Or are they using that term more generically?

They should include a fifth tire in the trunk of every car you can drive on for a week while you sort this sort of thing out.

Originally Posted By: Rand
no one is going to air ship a tire,
however tirerack has multiple locations and ground rarely takes more than 2 days.

I ordered some blizzack ws-80's at 2pm today and they are coming tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back