Tired of people that refuse to prepare ....

I gassed up my snowblower last weekend and let it run for 15 minutes checked everything for the winter season. My neighbor asked why ? It's pretty simple better having a problem now can fix easily it's 60 degrees out then in a blizzard 28 degrees out. 5 minutes later he's running his snowblower

Reactions: Pew
I gassed up my snowblower last weekend and let it run for 15 minutes checked everything for the winter season. My neighbor asked why ? It's pretty simple better having a problem now can fix easily it's 60 degrees out then in a blizzard 28 degrees out. 5 minutes later he's running his snowblower
At least he learned...
I always figure if I have my snow blower running, it won't snow. If it is broke and won't start, we will get dumped on. Snow blower is the plan for today after mulching the rest of my leaves and putting the lawn mower to the back of the shed for the winter.

I know exactly the kind of people you're talking about. I love to help people but only people who are helping themselves too. Otherwise I look at things in terms of what's my problem and what's not my problem. Most things fall into the second category. I wasn't always this way but I've settled into this way of thinking for a few years now and it has been much lower stress.

it took me a long time to figure out if you enable people, you will be taken advantage of..
so don't enable them.
as someone once told me, never do anything for anybody else that you don't want to be your permanent job.

I'll bring up something many people with a generator that have a gas or propane furnace haven't thought of. If you have no transfer switch, have your furnace set up with a plug so if the power goes out, you can run an extension cord to it from the generator.

My first house, which my younger sister lives in is set up like that. I'll get a pic from her and post it later.
As more people move to heat pumps people will need large generators.

The 25Kw to 30Kw generators are not only expensive but large in size.

Some of the Katrina people shot at the Government, the Police, and anyone else who tried to help them. Shot at helicopters dropping supplies and medical help. Too busy looting, raping, and smoking crack.
I believe those occurrences were overblown if they happened at all.
There'll always be nut jobs.
My dad was a teacher in the Army and he said in battle you'll find occurrences of soldiers shooting their own comrades with whom they have had personal disagreements.

Don't believe everything you are told on TV. They want us divided.

If they happened at all? I saw it on TV, read lots about it on local news sites, and even talked to evacuees in person. You have to understand about NOLA. Being from NY you may not. In some ways, NOLA is the Chicago of the south.

NOLA is violent! NOLA, and Atlanta.

Back