Tire trashed by drunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was driving my wife to Wendys and well some drunk threw out a boones farm bottle. I hit it and cringed but it did not go flat last night but I didnt look to close.
Well this morning I See I got a flat tire, I inspect a little closer and its in the sidewall a big chunck of glass.
Well due to some bozo I lost a $50 tire.
Luckily I had 2 of my wifes old michelins in the attic left over from when she got the BFG traction T/A. Well I had those mounted and balanced for $10 and I was on my way. I had to put two new(used) tires on becuase the ones she had were a size to big and the tires have to have the same size tires on each axles.

I hate idiots who think the road is their personal trash can.

Amen to that brother! I just dug a chunk of glass out of the rear tire on my daughter's car. Some idiot kid up the street was breaking beer bottles in the middle of the road the other night, (he thought it was cool). He finally quit after I cussed his butt out. But his mommy had to come talk to me about "her fragile" son. She gets home from work in 30 minutes - I'm rolling that tire up the road and she can open her "fragile" pocketbook and fix my tire.

That sucks, but at least it's only a $50 tire! Right now I've got a chunk of metal stuck in one of my rear tires, which is a $500 tire!
frown.gif
It's been in there a while though, and isn't losing pressure yet, but as the tread wears down I fear it will push the metal further in and then it'll go flat on me. It's a Goodyear Eagle F1 EMT (runflat) tire so it is driveable once it's out of air, but only for a short time. I plan on replacing it before the next winter hits anyhow though. I'll probably get a pair of Pirelli P Zero Nero M&S tires for the back, to match the ones I put up front last year. (the only problem is then I'll have no runflat tires at all on the car, so if I get a flat I'm in trouble since there is no spare for this car)

[ June 02, 2005, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

You guys go through some lovely neighborhoods!!!

Back in 1967, I had this crazy uncle who decided he wanted to see first hand what was going on the first day of the Newark NJ riot. So he drove up the main drag, Springfield Ave., with his 1963 Chrysler Imperial on a roadway covered in broken glass. To everyone's amazement, including his, he did not get a flat. Or any other harm, for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back