Tire Traction Issue?

A couple friends had the Contitrac's and had the exact opposite experience. Couldn't wait to get rid of them. TireRack has them at the bottom of the Highway all season charts

TerrainContact AT gets pretty good ratings reviews.

Contitrac I recall used to say AT, now just says Contitrac?
MY MISTAKE YOU ARE RIGHT! i had the TerrainContact ATs. I get those names mixed up. But yes, the TerrainContact ATs were the best wet traction all terrains I’ve had.

I put some Falken Street tires on my Ram 5.7. Had Coopers on it. I would get stuck on wet grass in my 2 WD. With the Falkens I can go anywhere. I backed into a mud hole at my brother-in-laws house to load an old wood burning furnace. It pulled straight out and never spun a tire. They are so good and quiet and have 22k miles on them and they still look new. Tire store here in town has a good salesman that told me I would not be disappointed and I am definitely am not .

View attachment 82444

This happened to me a few times over the last few months and it is becoming an unpleasant issue.

When I make this left-turn in my 20 Ram 1500 5.7, about the halfway thru the turn, the rear-end will lose traction (slide-out). This happens in wet weather when the ground is wet; there does not need to be any standing water. During the most recent experience, the rear-end slid-out almost 45 degrees!

Each time it has happened, I was only accelerating gently and my speed was around 15 mph when I reached the halfway point of this turn. Yes, it only seems to happen at this intersection....possibly due to the slight incline?

My tires are the original Goodyears with 8/32" remaining. Tire pressures are 2 psi over the door jamb sticker. Truck bed is usually empty.

Is this a situation of driver error or do I need to consider different tires?
Have you tried the same scenario with some weight in the bed?

Back