Tire Sidewall and Thread Cracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All,

My tires are showing some cracking on the sidewalls and on/between the threads (mostly just towards the sides of the tires). I wanted to know if others think that these tires need to be replaced? The first three photos are representative of the front tires (which are about 6 years old), and the last two photos are representative of the rear tires (which are about 8 years old). The vehicle gets driven about 2,000-4,000 miles per year. Thanks for your input!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

welcome2.gif

Yes, those tires need to be replaced
crazy2.gif

Heat and UV damage shorten a tire's life, so 6-8 years in California can be more than overdue to replace the tires. Up north, where it's colder, you might be able to get 10 years out a set of tires

If it helps you decide Walmart has a BF special on that exact tire.. $54!

You should also deflate your tire enough to flex the sidewall-- if you did, you'd see fairly massive cracks and craters.

my thread on similar

Thanks all, I appreciate the advice and quick responses. I ordered tires from the Walmart BF special that eljefino mentioned. I'll be sure to check the dates on the new tires to make sure that they're fresh.

Thanks as well for the "welcome" slacktide_bitog. I've been reading posts on this site for a few years--really good stuff. Unfortunately, I don't know too much about cars so not much I can contribute, but I enjoy reading what others have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back