Tire separation

I bought a trailer about 10 years ago. Repacked the bearings and put 4 tires on it. I bought the cheapest tires I could find at the time. 185/70/14's from pep boys. Cornell 1000's and I paid about $35 each.

Lost one last weekend just sitting in my yard. Date code is 47th week of 2013. Guess they are due to be replaced again.

Attachments

• IMG_20220925_122629964.jpg
    IMG_20220925_122629964.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 138
What would you expect buying the cheapest trash tires you could?

Then put them in an inhospitable climate, apparently in the sun and smog.

I’ve read reports on here that even “quality” trailer tires aren’t.

So this seems appropriate…

What would you expect buying the cheapest trash tires you could?

Then put them in an inhospitable climate, apparently in the sun and smog.

I’ve read reports on here that even “quality” trailer tires aren’t.

So this seems appropriate…
I guess you didn't get the sarcasm. They lasted as long if not longer that a more expensive tire.

I guess you didn't get the sarcasm. They lasted as long if not longer that a more expensive tire.
I have the same philosophy with my trailer. Cheapest tires available, but I replace at 6 years old. They’re 235/75-15 so really cheap. I thought about sun shades but those cost almost as much as tires anyways.

I bought a trailer about 10 years ago. Repacked the bearings and put 4 tires on it. I bought the cheapest tires I could find at the time. 185/70/14's from pep boys. Cornell 1000's and I paid about $35 each.

Lost one last weekend just sitting in my yard. Date code is 47th week of 2013. Guess they are due to be replaced again.
Not to be rude or disrespectful but I lost about 98% respect for you using cheap trash tires on a trailer. If I’m out of line; I’ll own it.

Not to be rude or disrespectful but I lost about 98% respect for you using cheap trash tires on a trailer. If I’m out of line; I’ll own it.
Why? It only goes to the dump a couple times a year. 25 miles a year maybe. Plus my father was in an Alzheimer's care facility that was costing me my full month salary plus my savings. I was in no position to buy expensive tires.

Last edited:
Why? It only goes to the dump a couple times a year. 25 miles a year maybe. Plus my father was in an Alzheimer's care facility that was costing me my full month salary plus my savings. I was in no position to buy expensive tires.
Ok, I agree with the situation. Sucks you had to get cheap tires though. I apologize sir.

Chris, never fear. With a 2% approval rating you have a great future in politics here in New Jersey. Go East young man!

Before, you slam somebody. Ask a question of what the trailer was used for? Then make your comment. As you found out. The trailer didn't need expensive tires on it. There was absolutely no reason for it. It wasn't going down the highway every day. Guess you look like a fool don't you? Live. And learn. Yes, you were out of line this time.

Given how many stories there are of new or nearly new trailers giving out on travel trailers, it would seem that these have done ok. Good luck finding replacements though, not sure what is available today in that size, at least not what some would call “good”.

Back