Tire sensors?

I am going next week to Americas tire to get tires installed on my 2017 Dodge RAM. Do they replace the sensors? Do they rebuild them? Should I buy them before I get the tires installed? Buy them through Amazon??

Personally, I would insist they not touch them. No need to replace or put new sealing washers on in my opinion. They are only 3, at most 4 years old. I have the originals on a Toyota manufactured in 2009 with 580k miles. I know the batteries are on borrowed time but they continue to function just fine. I do my own tire changes so it's no big deal when the batteries finally give up and I need to replace them.

It wouldn't hurt to gently snug them up with the appropriate deep, six point socket. That's something I would much rather do myself. I know I won't over tighten or mar them. YMMV

+2 Have them leave them alone.

If they replace the valve cores, have them use nickel plated ones, not brass. They should know this. Brass will seize. You can check their work when they're done.

Tire sensors the biggest current fail point to keep you from doint it yourself. They should make dealers buy back these cars or replace them for free!

Back