Tire Rack finally carries the Hankook Kinergy 4S2

Hankook's 3-peak all-season tire, also called all-weather, is finally available from TR, though it had been out awhile now, when it replaced the 4S (4s1?) that was sold in Canada, but not the US.

Like all the other 3-peak all-seasons that they carry, TR classifies the 4S2 as grand touring all-season

More competition is always good. Not a brand I care for. Glad to see them offered.

Anyone ever see the 3PMSF test?

More competition is always good. Not a brand I care for. Glad to see them offered.

Anyone ever see the 3PMSF test?

Isn't that the same test the Winter Tires pass?

Don't take that the wrong way. I'm not suggesting that All.Weather Tires are as good as even a mediocre Winter Tire just that I believe technology has now reached the state that an All Season can now pass the minimum requirement.

Some All Seasons (M+S) are still better than some All Weather (3PMSF). The Bridgestone Revo 3 comes to mind. I suspect as these tires are upgraded replaced they will gain the 3PMSF.

What really boggles my mind is how the can make a tire that is chip resistant, has great wet braking and is 3PMSF rated. It seems almost impossible.

That's the tire that came in number 2 in the All Weather Tire (All Season in Europe) test behind the Goodyear isn't it?

9 of the Best All Season Tires for 2020
Tyre Reviews on YouTube
He does really good test.

Last edited:
I haven had a change to use them. But there are some reviews concerning Toyo's Celcius tire and its not at all positive.

The question one asks.... when does a quality all-season tire beat out a pathetic all-weather tire???? With the way marketing is, probably already has.

I haven had a change to use them. But there are some reviews concerning Toyo's Celcius tire and its not at all positive.

The question one asks.... when does a quality all-season tire beat out a pathetic all-weather tire???? With the way marketing is, probably already has.
I know the Bridgestone Revo 3 (M+S Rating) is better than many 3PMSF Tires. However I suspect that is a bit of an artifact as it was released before 3PMSF became a thing and I suspect it's successor will carry the rating. I also wouldn't be surprised if the General RT43 would carry the 3PMSF if released today. Really it appears to me the 3PMSF symbol is supposed to separate the tires that have a decent tread compound from a tire that may be a summer compound with a more open tread pattern (All M+S requires).

This is going to vary according to how good of an example of each class you choose but these seem to be roughly the average for the better examples of each class on packed snow braking based on various back to back tests I've seen.

Winter Tire - Benchmark
All Weather Tire - 20% Longer
All Season Tire - 40% Longer
Summer Tire - 80% Longer

Last edited:
Back