Tire pressure Honda CRV

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, that is the recommended tire pressure cold.

Radial tires are unlike bias ply of yesteryear, does show a bit of "sagging" even when the tire pressures are correct. Pumping it way past car manufacturer's recommended tire pressure settings will cause ride and handling issues, and worst of all: premature contact patch wear (the center part)

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/TireSafety/ridesonit/brochure.html

You can run it to the max pressure on the sidewall of the tire if you like, just don't exceed it or the max payload for that tire. You would be fine running +2 or +3 PSI which will actually increase the handling (for the better)and, possibly, your fuel mileage slightly. There is a point where increasing pressure negates any benefits. You just have to find that balance.

You could have also gone with a 215-65-15 for approx the same diameter as the OEM 205-70-15 if that really was OEM.

Edit: I just searched Tire Rack and found 40 tires available in the 205-70-15 (but maybe not available to be shipped to Bolivia)!

Each tire purchase here is a challenge. I can never find R50's for the BMW, so it has R55. 65 is unheard of here.
It just surprised me that it was so low. But since it will never get a heavy load, i'll just stick close to that, or maybe 28.

Actually, The load index on the ones you bought should be a little higher than the OEM. I forget that this board is worldwide and that some things I take for granted aren't as readily available.

I just put new tires on the 2002 CRV that I picked up lastyear from a customer who had no cash.
Of course there was no manual, and no one sells the 205 R70 15 originals, so we went with R75 (a little higher). But I was surprised to see a recomendation of 25 lbs front and 26 lbs rear on the plate at the door.
Is this what is recommended in the manual in the rest of the world?
Anyone think I should compensate with more pressure for the higher side wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back