Tire marks on ne driveway cemment

Okay tire guru's, what do you make of this?

I had a new driveway installed last October and noticed ever since that both of my cars leave tire tread marks on it when I drive into the garage. Its as if my tires are wearing off on the new driveway. Its a 90 degree stop and turn to get in my garage from the driveway. I've never seen this before and am wondering it I ought to clean the driveway and put a sealant on the cement to help reduce its abrasiveness.

IMG_2260.JPG
IMG_2261.JPG

He did use a broom. I'm just wondering if there is a way to take away the abrasiveness of the broom marks without defeating the traction when the driveway is icy or wet. I'm pretty sure he used a really hard, good quality cement.

It's a combination of dust/dirt on the tires from the road and probably a little bit of rubber. Tires leave marks like that on the floor of my shop all the time, and that concrete is smooth, sealed and painted. You'll notice it less as the concrete ages and gets darker.

My BFG all terrains do it on my driveway where I have to stop and back up if I want to park in a particular garage spot. My wife’s Bridgestones and my C7 Michelin’s don’t do it. The driveway is a few years old at this point and it seems to be lessening but maybe that’s due to the BFGs wearing?

Thanks guys. I've been googling and searching like crazy about this the last few days. It seems that tire marks on cement are more common than I realized. Guess I never paid attention to it until I experienced it myself. The light colored concrete is probably a factor in my case. Nonetheless I am going to try cleaning it and applying a sealer ... just as soon as I figure out which product to use. 🤔

This is completely normal. I’m surprised we are even talking about this. Your driveway is new and it will appear clean and white looking. After some time has passed, the driveway will start turning gray due to sun weathering and acid rain and you won’t notice these tire tracks anymore.

Last edited:
Back