Tire distortion...improper storage...help...

I bought 4 tires and planned on getting them changed last year but the plan changed and were stacked horizontally for 6 months. Changed them out recently and encountering vibration at 70. First thought it was the driveshaft. Dealer bought into it and changed out shaft and other things. After a roadforce balance and alignmment told me its either the tires or the wheels.

I was going to buy a new tire set until I read a post about the distortion coming out over time. I notice as I drive it more the vibration gets less but its not coming out quickly.

Let me know your thoughts. Im planning on giving it 1000 more miles and if its still there going to switch it out. Also thought of pumping tires to max pressure and bringing back down to see if that might help it.

Put about 5lbs under the max inflation and go for a drive on the interstate at least 30 miles out and 30 miles back. See what that does. Tires are stored like you said and sit in tire racks vertically for long periods of time with no long lasting problems. Run the pressure the car sticker says. Good Luck!!!

Honestly Im just guessing at the vibration issue. After considerable time the dealer blamed the tires. As Ive been riding it the vibration is still there but has lightened up a bit. So in 1-2k miles will re-evaluate. Its simply too expensive to replace the tires.

The vibration at first was undulating and pulse like. One passenger said they became nauseated, but its lightened up a bit...we shalll see...

I would take it to another tire dealer for a second look and have them balance the tires. Also ask them to check your wheels for runout.

Im not 100% believing its the tires or wheels. Im going to go to Mavis tires and they have a roadforce machine. Get it diagnosed exactly. In any event I wont be ready to replace tires until mid December before first snow.

From googleing I know this vibration issue is complex and it could be the driveshaft or rear differential. First I need some evidence for the dealer to go by.

Back