Tire Advise

Hi All, I have a 14 Silverado 4x4. Bought it new and now has 17k on it. The OEM Bridgestones
are now showing alot of cracking on the sidewalls.
I would like to get a 3 Peak rated tire due to the snow fall total in my area.
This truck came with LT tires but I don't plow, tow or off road so I can't see where I need
a LT tire. Correct me if Im wrong. Due to the little I drive this truck I don't want or need a
expensive tire. Any thoughts on what tire would suit me needs?
Thanks

Honestly, the best tires I've ever had on my trucks have been the BF Goodbitch All terrain T/A ko2's. They wear a little fast, say near end around 25k. But, I have never had a tire that performs better in snow, off road, and dry pavement. I got the 10 ply tires. They ride a little stiffer, but the corner extremely well. '

I've had reasonable luck with a non-aggressive A/T type tire, in snow & reasonable amounts of ice. Toyo, Yokohama, Bridgestone, and Goodyear all make some decent ones. Stick with LRE/10 plys, otherwise the fronts are going to wear FAST from weight (engine, front axle, transmission, transfer case, cab).

if its a 1500

yokohama geolandar g015 are a mild AT and about as good as it gets for wintry conditions without using winter tires.

I would get LTX Michelins, for your round use.
I like the Michelin Defender LTX M/S but they are not rated as severe snow. They work well in snow according to many. I have them on wife's Pilot and had on past vehicles but as 3 season, last long, quiet, great dry and wet. I do run full snows for winter on all my vehicles. The safety and extra stopping distance is worth it to me for my family.

Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S gets good ratings and is severe snow rated. Kumho Crugen HT51 also severe snow rated. Check TireRack and make sure you watch the video reviews with the snow.

BFG KO2 are awesome but on my friends they are heavy and noisier on highway. If you are not off roading there might be better choices for you.

In that size range, my absolute favorite are the Bridgestone Firestone AT Revos. Before I was aware of a "tire lifespan" I drove with a set on them on my SUV for around 13 years and some 100-150 thousand miles. Hot summers, frigid winters, deep snow, ice, many cross country trips... They still had good traction. A buddy noticed, around year 13, that the sidewalls were slightly cracking and then told me about the 6 year rule... :oops:

Those were incredible tires and I got another set.

if its a 1500

yokohama geolandar g015 are a mild AT and about as good as it gets for wintry conditions without using winter tires.
+1

They're also made in E rated version, so if OP has a 2500/3500 he'd still be covered.

Back