Tips for stopping "spam" texts on my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
about 3 times a week, I keep getting these texts that are basicly spam.

Can you block this like you can on your computer?

Hardley anyone knows my number-so how did they get it in the first place?

I don't send texts and I don't want to receive texts, so I told my cell company to "disconnect" the ability for texts to be received on my two cell phones. (I use them to talk, not to text).

I connect to the internet on both my computers using an "Air Card" which is nothing more than a cell phone with a telephone number, for computers. I noticed that I was receiving text messages in the air card home page. Told the cell company (air card company) and they fixed it so I would no longer receive them.

Originally Posted By: ctrcbob
I don't send texts and I don't want to receive texts, so I told my cell company to "disconnect" the ability for texts to be received on my two cell phones. (I use them to talk, not to text).

I connect to the internet on both my computers using an "Air Card" which is nothing more than a cell phone with a telephone number, for computers. I noticed that I was receiving text messages in the air card home page. Told the cell company (air card company) and they fixed it so I would no longer receive them.

Good idea.........

I started receiving some on my cell phone. I just logged into my account and turned texting off for both cell phones (wife and me). Texting is something we'll never do.

Haven't received any since.

Sounds like war dialing, they just attempt #s in sequence. Easy when an exchange is partially or mostly cellphones. Cell phone companies could anti-spam this with software, seeing the same text go to 1000s of phones, but they make money on each text...

I've gotten a few spam texts. It's annoying when you are a prepaid cell phone user, it burns my minutes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back