tip, recycle heat pad

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 4 years ago I installed a 50 watt Wolverine Heat Pad on my X-trail. It did thin down cold oil but did not heat it, it was too small, I originally went to a small pad because of deep ridges on pan for larger pad install. Wolverine wanted flat surfaces.

Recently I installed a 150 watt Kats Heater, it bent around these ridges perfect and does the job heating. Also the Kats are about 80% less cost than Wolverine and bigger pads.

Figuring I had nothing to loose in trying, I heated up the 50 watt pad and gently pulled it off slowly, it came off perfectly and clean . I did remove all paint on original install and that helped, also NO rust and drive on salt in winter..

I then siliconed the 50 watt recycled pad on my snow blower engine,it adhered and works perfect. Anyone wanting to change or recycle a heat pad might find this usefull.

Cyprs

Last edited:
Good to know.

I had to remove the lower suspension crossmember on my duramax to install the 200W wolverine pad so I'll likely just leave it on if/when I sell it. Good to know they can be removed though.

This will help someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back