tiny netbooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
mine certainly wouldnt be. The general idea is small and light for minimal tasks when in hotels, etc.

The heavier it gets, the less worthwhile. Similarly, the more pricey - a netbook is just a hair over $300.

Once I get to those sizes, I'd just buy the 13" macbook pro. The goal is to not notice that I eve have the thing, when lugging my work laptop, etc with me.

I'll weigh in here with an opinion.

I couldn't see spending much money for a netbook running windows xp, its just such an old OS, its not even worth buying.

Get one running linux..

With the price of regular laptops with 15.6 inch screens (just seen a toshiba with a dual core intel processor, 2gb ram, and 160gb hard drive, for $379)..

You will have to think if you can really live with a 10 inch screen. It is very small!

Wait until friday when microsoft offers free windows 7 updates for vista PC buyers, then buy a notebook running vista.

I know what a 10" netbook is like. I have a sony, running XP, from 2002. It just doesn't run well anymore.'

Is windows 7 realy a huge step-up? If so, Ill wait for the netbook set to come standard with it.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I know what a 10" netbook is like. I have a sony, running XP, from 2002. It just doesn't run well anymore.'

Is windows 7 realy a huge step-up? If so, Ill wait for the netbook set to come standard with it.

I'll let you know in October when I put 7 on my ASUS netbook. The MS Win 7 advisor says it's fully compatible and will handle Aero. I did upgrade it to 2G of memory after I bought it.

Have you tried wiping your Sony HD and starting over with all the manufacturers extra crud removed? I have a 2000 vintage Sony laptop the does OK. I did upgrade the CPU and memory about 4 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back