Time to stock up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local wally world is carrying Chevron Supreme 5w30 and I bought some more today while shopping for other items. It seems well reguarded here and the tech sheets look good and the price is too good to be true. I now have 14 quarts in the garage!

The Wally Worlds around here have been out of 5W30 for months. Everytime they get some in I snarf up the whole lot. [Big Grin] --- Bror Jace

Al

quote:
Originally posted by Bror Jace: The Wally Worlds around here have been out of 5W30 for months. Everytime they get some in I snarf up the whole lot. [Big Grin] --- Bror Jace
Is that "snarf" or "scarf". [Big Grin] I am almost tempted to try the Chevron myself. That would be dfficult for me - but not impossible.

I'm not above "scarfing" but my recent moods are more in line with the lost are of "snarfing." [Big Grin] At $1.08 per quart, I figure Chevron isn't making any profit on this oil ... so as a stockholder, I feel I should have it all instead of someone esle. [Wink] --- Bror Jace

quote:
Originally posted by S2000driver: The following sale is at Kmart Feb 23 and 24: Mobil 1 $4.00/qt Mobil Drive Clean $1.00/qt
Thanks for the heads up. Since I've not found the 5qrt jugs at Wallyworld I may have to go for this. However, they don't have the 0w-40 at Kmarts. I noted that they are trying to clear out the old Peneske oil filters at $2 each now. However someone posted that he'd cut one opened and the media was very fragile like it was very old stock or some other concern. Not sure I want to take a chance on these Peneske's filters if that is the case. I went by the Kmart that is closing yesterday and noted that their Peneske filters were "20% off" for clearence which was still more than the store across town that is remaining open.

I've been to 2 Kmarts and they have no Pennzoil on the shelf except gear oil, grease, and 2 cycle oil

stocking up..hmmm last week, I picked up 5 cases of exxon superflo 10w30 at 9.99 each w/ a 3.60 rebate each. then..I picked up two cases of havoline 5w30 for 59 cents each after rebate. [Big Grin] I now have..3 bottles of maxlife..case of castrol gtx 10w30..5 cases of 10w30 superflow..two cases of havoline 5w30 [Duh!]

quote:
I picked up 5 cases of exxon superflo 10w30 at 9.99 each w/ a 3.60 rebate each.
I thought they limit one rebate per case per household. My Citgo Supergard ($9.80USD/case with $4.80 rebate) said that. If not, lucky you! [stretch]

14 quarts.... I'm up to 9 cases. This oil is a bargain. I had six cases plus several quarts and then I found the Chevron/Texaco Havoline (same stuff) at K-Mart for .99 per quart and I snarfed three more cases. I believe that "snarf" is the technical term. If you start drinking this stuff then "scarf" may be more appropriate. [Cheers!]

I thought they limit one rebate per case per household. My Citgo Supergard ($9.80USD/case with $4.80 rebate) said that. If not, lucky you! on the Exxon rebate form, it said three rebates per household. I can use my g/f address for the other three. cheap quality oil is a definite must. I'm afraid with the gas prices shooting up that oil bottles will go up soon. The bargains are there to be found. [Big Grin]

quote:
I believe that "snarf" is the technical term. If you start drinking this stuff then "scarf" may be more appropriate.
H-m-m-m-m. Not here. "Scarf it up" would be correct. "Snarf it down" would be to consume something. [Wink]

Is there a current rebate from Citgo? The one on their website is valid through Dec,2002 only. FYI, the local PepBoys have it on sale for 88¢/qt this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.