Time to do the car trailer deck

You know I didn't ask, but my neighbor and I thing they are oak. Pressure treated. I think I will Thompson Water seal them as well. I was surprised at the lack of rust for the age of the trailer.

Originally Posted by Ihatetochangeoil
Codes? No, not meant to be condescending at all, but I've been around educationally credentialed Engineers who find it both amusing and irritating that some guys call themselves "Engineers" and may not be able to properly spell the word. And just FYI, Engineers may APPROVE weld procedures/WPS/PQRs & test results, but it is generally men with MY credentials who "approve" (inspect) the welds themselves. If you wish to jump to conclusions, I'd rather not play. My original post stated GENERALLY....

I get all that, we have an NDT section with an engineer as boss, but engineering techs who do all the NDT, we also have Engineering techs who write all the weld procedures but only go to the Engineer when something is happening out of the ordinary. Submarines are different form the "real" world and experience is just as important as a degree. A fresh engineer has spent no time going to sea, so we all work as a team. I don't use my degree at all in my current job as I make more money fixing submarines. Sorry if I misunderstood your post. I don't know any one who calls them self an engineer that isn't one, with exception of field engineers, that is Boeing term where I work. Engineering tech is a real thing in the Government.

I went to school for EE and I weld. What does that make me?
lol.gif

Nice job Mike. I added new lights when I did my deck, which made it a piece of cake.

Originally Posted by Zaedock
I went to school for EE and I weld. What does that make me?
lol.gif

Nice job Mike. I added new lights when I did my deck, which made it a piece of cake.

It makes you a really good friend to have...
wink.gif

I thought about going through all that, but I use it maybe 5 times a year. Plus everything looked really good. I should have painted it but eh.

I should be able to get 10 more years out it easy!

Thanks Mike.

Most of my friends are mechanically inclined and some have trailers and toys like I do. They best thing is helping each other out on these projects and making good times.
There is nothing like heading to your buddy's house to help him replace trailer fenders, having a few brewski's and turning a 2 hour job into 6.
11.gif

Back