Time to buy my 2 post lift

we rarely lift over 10K as they're big - enuff to do on the ground. So hi we just go under.
The landlord's 2015 F350 diesel we bring up an inch or 2 to remove all 6 (its a dully) tires sometimes. Its a
2 post 12K lb 'Mohawk' Forward. The 10K for smaller stuff (still a 2 post) is just a lill different design but same co I think.

Oh and yeah the price jump from 10 to 12k is pretty significant because they're definitely stepping up to a different league....
...The extra cost for a 12k is soon forgotten if you plan to use the lift much.
as soon as I put ur car on the lift & hit the up button $45 is added to the bill. (same w/welder. To turn on the tank is 50$). However, along w/my 'put away tools at end of each job' I use this time to think abt the wrk just completed, my business, this customer, and my charge. I've taken a car off the lift, backed it out'n turned over the keys, charging -0- , as well (the 3 considerations).

BeerCan

$50 Site Donor
How does this look?

How does this look?

Thats a pretty big advertising truck picture for a max load of 2500 per arm.

Not up on lifts but seems decent.
Do you want symmetrical asymmetrical?

BeerCan

$50 Site Donor
Thats a pretty big advertising truck picture for a max load of 2500 per arm.

Not up on lifts but seems decent.
Do you want symmetrical asymmetrical?
I have no opinion on the arms because I never had a lift :)

I think the max weight of a super duty is shy of 8k lbs. That is the heaviest vehicle I will lift.

if so, of course, go a lill heavier (safety factor).
We dont really use a lift for that vehicle (95% of
the time, & when we do? we just lift a few inches to
remove wheel/tire) ona 12K lift.

have fun, B safe AND productive !

D60

I simply wouldn't buy a BendPak today.

My '11 CCLB F350 4x4 with 6.2 (gas) hits the scrap yard scales at ~8200 not including passengers, but that includes my truck box and tools I carry 100% of the time, which is mostly just basic hand tools, cordless impact, small floor jack etc

BeerCan

$50 Site Donor
I simply wouldn't buy a BendPak today.

My '11 CCLB F350 4x4 with 6.2 (gas) hits the scrap yard scales at ~8200 not including passengers, but that includes my truck box and tools I carry 100% of the time, which is mostly just basic hand tools, cordless impact, small floor jack etc
Can you tell me why BendPak are nogo's ?

BeerCan

$50 Site Donor
Mohawk is the BEST surface lift money can buy, In Ground....I'd say Rotary has had that market cornered for decades.
Mohawk just quoted me 11.2k for their system 1 lift. Whew 😥

Mohawk just quoted me 11.2k for their system 1 lift. Whew 😥

They're pricy but very well built, My next recommendation would be a Rotary if Mohawk is more than you want to spend.

Having said that.....I've used Bendpak lifts & really don't have anything negative to say about them, But they where older lifts & I haven't really kept up with them., Curious to see what D60 has to say?

Some times it comes down to a Good Distributor that takes care of you......That's why the last 2 lifts I've bought are Challengers.

BeerCan

$50 Site Donor
They're pricy but very well built, My next recommendation would be a Rotary if Mohawk is more than you want to spend.

Having said that.....I've used Bendpak lifts & really don't have anything negative to say about them, But they where older lifts & I haven't really kept up with them., Curious to see what D60 has to say?

Some times it comes down to a Good Distributor that takes care of you......That's why the last 2 lifts I've bought are Challengers.
I reached out to Challenger and I'll see what they quote me.

My use case is home/hobbiest so I don't need the best of the best. Just certified and good enough, also made in USA if I can.

BeerCan

$50 Site Donor

I've called challenger 3 times and they don't call back :( if your distributor covers TN I would like to talk to him.

There are lift dealers/installers in all large cities. Car dealers etc change out their worn lifts often. Lift dealers/installers often rebuild the lifts they remove and resale and install them.

We were enlarging our home shop so ordered the new lift from a local dealer/installer. They received it and held it until we were ready for it (months). We got the concrete/foundation specs. When construction got to the point where it was time for the lift, we called them, they delivered and installed it. $2800 delivered and installed in 2014 not including electrical and foundation work.

I've been a DIYer mechanic all my life. Having a lift took my game to the next level.
That’s what I did, got an ex-Costco 10K Challenger lift for $1800 installed from a local lift service company.

BeerCan

$50 Site Donor
I am pretty far down the road with Rotary right now.
One thing that clinebarger made me think of is I want a good and responsive company in case I have issues. Because I am a hobbyist that makes it harder. Shouldn't but it does. The Rotary dealer has been responsive and has been answering my questions without sounding bored.