" Time Out" chair for adults

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
350129669_207782045417724_4790195406744299053_n.jpg

Went to the beach with the Wife for the first time in ages. I was miserable. I just got up from sleeping, so why do I want to sit in dirty sand and get irradiated with half naked strangers for hours?

So this is a punishment? Now I get it :)
Yeah, like years ago when I worked construction. The last place I wanted to be is in the hot sun all day.

You could point mine to a blank wall...just to have a few minutes without someone needing something would be great!
That is so well said. Wife has a herniated disk, surgery impending, grandkids need to be put on the bus, taken off the bus, and babysitting in between. I’m trying to hold onto a Mickey Mouse crossing guard job that gets me out of the house and preserves my sanity but only pays $15.44 an hour. Do I need the money? No, but everyone else seems to find a way to spend it. A blank wall and a few hours of peace and quiet would be PRICELESS. Rant over. You really struck a chord DriveHard!

Addendum, I’m 72. No, it doesn’t get any better🙁
Are the kids in kindergarten? Hopefully only 1 or 2 years of that caretaking. The old "two parents working and foist off the kids onto the grandparents" ploy. I moved 75 miles away to a cabin in the woods :)

My wife had the disc thing on one of the L verterbrae about 10year ago. Lots of MRI's. Spent a day in the hospital getting pain dulling drip, but she was sent home, skipped surgery took some painkiller for a couple days and it resolved itself. Hope your wife does well. Having her in pain can be very stressfull. It will all get better in a few days. Gentle regular stretching and bending is very critical to these old bones - and young uns too.- Ken

Are the kids in kindergarten? Hopefully only 1 or 2 years of that caretaking. The old "two parents working and foist off the kids onto the grandparents" ploy. I moved 75 miles away to a cabin in the woods :)

My wife had the disc thing on one of the L verterbrae about 10year ago. Lots of MRI's. Spent a day in the hospital getting pain dulling drip, but she was sent home, skipped surgery took some painkiller for a couple days and it resolved itself. Hope your wife does well. Having her in pain can be very stressfull. It will all get better in a few days. Gentle regular stretching and bending is very critical to these old bones - and young uns too.- Ken
Thanks. Any cabins for sale? I’ll be the perfect neighbor. You’ll never see me, I’ll never invite you over.

try 10 min - 1/2 hr once or twice/day. Make it a priority. Do it w/o fail and stress can go dwn. We need it. When done one begins to make space for
a short trip out of town (several hrs) once/wk or bi-monthly
a yrly vaca
and placing oneself in the center of one's life.
I need this type of structure or I get lost in it all, not good as I become cranky, etc~
(segment out time for myself, the couple, the family or same occurs, not so good).

Back