Time is running out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just 400 more miles left in this interval and then will need to do a change.

00 Silverado 4X4 5.3
current oil- Mobil 1 0-30
current filter- Mobil 1

New oil choices
Mobil 1 0-40
Mobil 1 10-30

New filter choice
Wix (due to the oil filter study)

Truck has burned between 1/2-3/4 of a quart per this 4000 mile interval. This is my first interval with sythentic oil. Prior oil was Castrol GTX 5-30 (winter) 10-30 (summer).

Suggestions?

Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by nhkid:

00 Silverado 4X4 5.3
current oil- Mobil 1 0-30
current filter- Mobil 1

New oil choices
Mobil 1 0-40
Mobil 1 10-30

New filter choice
Wix (due to the oil filter study)

Suggestions?

Thanks

Hi,

I don't think that HT/HS is a big concern for
you. So, Mobil 1 10W-30 would be my
recommendation. Used oil analyses show that
this grade of Mobil 1 really stays in
grade.

canada.gif

cheers.gif

Jae

I'd say it depends on how much trouble you want to go thru, & what you'll do when winter returns. I agree with Jae that M1 10W-30 is more stable, but would add that it's really only a concern if you plan on running your intervals for longer than 10k miles or 1 yr.

Would you be switching vis in winter if you're using M1 10W-30 in the summer? M1 10W-30 flows so much better than dino 10W-30 that it's no longer necessary to switch, but you may not be able to break the habit (switching vis & going past 5k miles are both tough barriers to break!). So if you're going to switch anyway, I'd go with the 0W-40 year-round & save yourself the hassle of stocking the extra oil & trying to time your changes with the seasons. Oh, unless you base your changes on the seasons anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back